Firewall Insulation

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have been following the thread about firewall insulation and immediately checked the conditon of mine. It looks fairly new, can't possibly be original.

However, it is discolored. Can anyone suggest a black paint that will not degrade the material a restore it to original appearance.

I have slowly learned that there is no such thing as The Last Project or The Last Part to buy for our beauties. My wife says I treat my coupe like an aging starlet. She is right about the modifier and the noun.

Thanks for any advice.

Steve

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have been following the thread about firewall insulation and immediately checked the conditon of mine. It looks fairly new, can't possibly be original.

However, it is discolored. Can anyone suggest a black paint that will not degrade the material a restore it to original appearance.

I have slowly learned that there is no such thing as The Last Project or The Last Part to buy for our beauties. My wife says I treat my coupe like an aging starlet. She is right about the modifier and the noun.

Thanks for any advice.

Steve

just before my final decission of getting rid of my disintegrating insulation mat, i painted it with a black-matt spray paint (RUST-OLEUM industrial paint)

make sure that the product is not going to damage the part by testing in a small area of it

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
deQ.
Thanks, I will try the Rust-oleum black-matt on a small out-of-the-way section. My insulation is in surprisingly good shape. It can't be original, wonder when it was replaced.

I have had my coupe over 20 years so your replacement piece should last a long time.

Steve