First Draft: 74 Changes

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Good to know. I'd just assumed they were the same. In what way are they different?
E12 are called Turbines and have raised ridges, squared rib shoulders and a squared center.
image.jpg

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Chris, I just read through this and didn't see the following:
The left had bracket, between the nose and radiator support changed somewhere

My car is a 72, had the original AC condenser in it
In the past the front panel was replaced, the jerks working on it cut through those brackets rather than undoing the hoses
A member here sold me those parts and I had them replace, I think those parts were from a 74
One of the attachments to the AC bracket is in a different vertical location (why?)

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have updated this in a FAQ thread but I didn’t focus on structural changes as they aren’t in the parts book. I was unaware of the nose panel changing. Yes, A/C bracket changed to accommodate the rotary pump.

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
I guess that was not clear, not the bracket that holds the pump, not the nose piece, the bracket that is part of the structure
fits between the nose piece and the sheet metal bulkhead that the radiator fits up to
These 'brackets' (not knowing what else to call them) are welded in, part of the body of the car
The inner attachment points of the headlights and I think the hood hinges attach to them
I will look for a photo or diagram to refresh my memory

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
this is not my car, an is the right hand not the left, (the left is the different one) the piece I am talking about is longitudinal, you see it to the right in the photo to the right of the hoses
IMG-20110722-00445.jpg