Fishy eBay Turkis e9?

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
My comments were observations rather than criticisms and not intended to offend. The missing rubber strip serves to isolate/seal the engine bay from the heater intake assembly, thus minimizing engine bay fumes entry into the cabin. Possibly more important, the strip also prevents possible metal to metal contact which would be a shame for nice new paint.

As to the other observation, it was a guess that there is a missing vent cover. It appears to be PN34321103064. I could be wrong and it may be some other style cap, since I'm not sure I see metal contacts. On my cars, that thin five cent piece-sized piece of plastic keeps a floating metal contact in place. The contact is integral to the reservoir fluid level sensor and the related dash warning light. The vent cover also serves to prevent debris and moisture from entering the reservoir. Per the photo, there is a pin hole vent. Its effectiveness at keeping things water tight is questionable, but I would rather have one than not, especially because I am apt to be clumsy with a hose. Newer replacement caps have a flexible membrane that provides the same function as the vent cover. I have seen other style caps that do not incorporate the sensor as well as original caps that have been modified with epoxy or RTV. In the end I don't think the vent cap is critical, but if it is like the one depicted below, it may trap water, etc.

View attachment 61204

post-22859-13667666834046.jpg

Newer style replacement cap and sensor float.

34321153156.jpg

1020297_x800.webp
Where would one be able to get one of these?
Or if you have the part number available?

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score
It took a lot of looking to find this post and it appears that 34321153157 is the replacement for the 34322225602 (pn wasn't searchable) cap and float which is NLA. I have one on order from Amazon for $20 shipped. It looks like it will work.

Brake Reservoir.png

Attachments

• 34321153157.png
    34321153157.png
    139.4 KB · Views: 80