Florida Recommendations?

Albert

Reaction score
hey,

I am in miami trying to see if Anyone or place that can work on my car on restoring some areas I need help in. Any direction would be great for sure what I need is carbs and oil pan leak to be repaired. After this I will need to restore my interior dash board.

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
As someone mentioned, you pretty much need to do the dash board with the windshield out

For the wood, there is a place in CA, Madera concepts, they also have the lower flat board
There is a guy that goes buy Bela here on the forum that redoes the wood, he is in Hungry, I got mine from him, looks great
I made the mistake of buying a set from him instead of having him redo mine, the screw holes didn't line up

I re-laminated the lower board, you will find it is a bit complicated, and probably de-laminated
And recovered it, you can get the correct, or close vinyl from World Upholstery

For the pads, you can try and find good ones, the upper one is very difficult to find
or have yours recovered, where someone stitches vinyl over it
Or have Just Dashes redo it, plus and minus to that, I have the Just Dashes

Installing the upper pad, and the assembly was challenging for us
The snaps don't want to stay in the upper pad
On the far left I used someones idea, bend a threaded rod and hook it into the dash cutout, pull down with nut

Albert

Reaction score
As someone mentioned, you pretty much need to do the dash board with the windshield out

For the wood, there is a place in CA, Madera concepts, they also have the lower flat board
There is a guy that goes buy Bela here on the forum that redoes the wood, he is in Hungry, I got mine from him, looks great
I made the mistake of buying a set from him instead of having him redo mine, the screw holes didn't line up

I re-laminated the lower board, you will find it is a bit complicated, and probably de-laminated
And recovered it, you can get the correct, or close vinyl from World Upholstery

For the pads, you can try and find good ones, the upper one is very difficult to find
or have yours recovered, where someone stitches vinyl over it
Or have Just Dashes redo it, plus and minus to that, I have the Just Dashes

Installing the upper pad, and the assembly was challenging for us
The snaps don't want to stay in the upper pad
On the far left I used someones idea, bend a threaded rod and hook it into the dash cutout, pull down with nut

man,

thank you million I truly appreciate that I am going to have to reach out and see what they can do with my trim. I have not installed my windshield for that sole reason until the dash is repaired or replaced.

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
by trim, do you mean interior or exterior or both?
You might know this, quite a bit of the trim on these cars is aluminum
Originally it was anodized
For the aluminum parts you can polish them yourself or have them polished
I had Speedway in LA do mine, they did a great job, they can polish out dents
Then they clear ceramic coat it so it doesn't grey over time