For Sale:1974 BMW 3.0CS E9 VIN #4310157 “Matching Numbers”

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Too bad. $14k would have been a great deal for the seller. Almost everything on the car needs work. Key rust regions are not shown well in any of the photos...

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
crap, didn't notice it didn't sell.

Well...I DID guess how much it was worth (i.e. what someone was willing to pay for it).

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I 'suspect' it will sell to one of the two highest bidders. I had several communications with the buyer after he posted here and before he listed it on ebay. They were very close to what he wanted to get for it, so I doubt that it will be re-listed, as the bidder(s) and seller will probably work out a deal.

But - I've been wrong many times in the past (verifiable by asking my kids!!).

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It is a chilling moment when you focus in on the sheet metal work and welding? residue at the strut tower region and along the gutter seam. Chris is as always polite to the extreme in referring to the missing sheet metal. I would say it is the worst example I have ever seen of sheet metal workmanship. This car appears to need to have the fenders removed and to start all over again. Think 10,000 for that side alone and 2 years for a reputable shop to fix and paint.

I give a value of $5000.00
But not to me.

I guess you could go back to George and ask for a re-do.
Not.