for sale concourse CSL featured in Total BMW magazine Nov 07

quarry

Reaction score
Sadley new house forces the sale of my BMW CSL build number 343.I have owned the car around 7 years and i have totally rebuilt it to a very high standard, to many parts to list. some upgrades during rebuild.
5 speed gearbox
stainless exhaust and 6 branch manifold
drilled discs
viynle on the seats now replaced with leather
16" Alpina alloys and steering wheel
poly bushes

the rest of the cars spec is as original

1st joint hearwood house bmw car club 06
1st place national bmw car club meeting Gaydon 2006
2nd place national bmw car club meeting Gaydon 2007
1st place in class bimmer fest 06
best in show bimmer fest 06
1st in class Thorsbey classic car show 07
best in show ultimate bmw show 07
and several other local meetings.
Featured in this months Total BMW magazine. must be one of the best CSL available in the UK.
open to offers around £18,000

please see the pictures and feel free to send me an email with any questions.

e01af332356e1fd40ae1afef984c74f1.jpg

e366e4eefdf9808ab9b1b07c11896c54.jpg

515be30cc471a1858349e483a2c5a906.jpg

5d4269b203615766daaf36d370daf5d2.jpg

84521e43cb034ff855f7967bd4e9c69d.jpg

b80202ae4663a140fe4c259685e5613e.jpg

93029929be07d0e47b3acd941679e28c.jpg

ede432370b00049cb454859d8be685b0.jpg
[/code]

whalem6

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
csl

wow all i can say is wow what a beautiful car you have there it is a shame you have to sell it good luck if i had the $$$ i would love to be the next owner well maybe if the future i will be as lucky as you have been for the last 7 years i know you must hate letting her go thanks for the post. TOM :shock:

shanon

Reaction score
Color is Ceylon I believe.
Don't kow the code. It's a metallic.

-shanon

quarry

Reaction score
Due to the amount of interest and PM's received here is as requested more information on the car.

I bought the car in 2001, although the body had very little corrosion which was restricted to the front wings and front panel, the paint work was poor and the interior was tired with tarnished brightwork mechanically it was fair.

The Csl was stripped and taken to the bodyshop, with the engine left in so the car could be moved around the body shop, 2 new original bmw front wings were fitted and a good used front panel , the rest of the body was very good and no welding was required and although the progress was very slow some 4 years later the bodywork was finally finished and ready for the rebuild.

while the car was in the body shop,i bought some original 16" Alpina alloys with wider rears that i had taken for refurb which were then fitted with new Goodyear tyres 225/50/16 rears and 205/60/16 fronts.
The bumpers, overiders and front door frames with various other parts were taken for chrome plating ,while the interior was sent for the viynle sides to be replaced with leather and the original cloth centre were re-tightened and fitted back, the carpet was replaced with a top quality wool carpet and new (very exspensive )BMW door seals which finished the work inside with the exception of the period alpina leather steering wheel and gearnob.

New original bmw head lights ,body transfers, side and bonet vents a set of chrome wheel arches have been fitted and some new waist bands to finish new period number plates.

After the parts were fitted the car was taken for MOT and was used for a couple of months before being stored for winter.

The following summer the car was taken to its first club outing were it received a joint first place in the club show and shine and later that year won 1st place in concourse at the national club meeting at Gaydon 06 and to finish the year an outing to Bemmerfest brought back best in class and best in show.

in late 06 my efforts then turned to rebuilding the mechanics, the front and rear subframes were removed along with the engine, the underside was stripped and re-undersealed, all the brake pipes and fuel pipes were replaced, the subframes were stripped down and powder coated replacing all of the bushes with polyurathane or original bmw, new steering joints, ball joints,Bilstien shockers and BMW progressive springs ,new nuts bolts and diff mount replaced with new, the brakes had new drilled discs fitted with new BMW brake pads,hand brake cables and braided flexi hoses and calipers have been totally rebuilt with BMW kits. the antiroll bars have been replaced with powdercoated thicker e12 M535i items and a complete stainless steel exhaust sytem with 6 branch manifold.

The 4 speed gearbox has been replaced with a 5 speed and under the bonnet was stripped and repainted, new stickers rebuilt brake servos, while the engine from the e12 M535I was fitted giving me time to fevamp the tired original engine.

The Csl was now as good on the underside and under bonet as the rest of the car.

the car was ready to go to the BMW car club meeting at Gaydon 07 where it came second in concourse (some stiff compation there this year)

picked up best in class at the Thorsbey classic car show.

I used the Csl at The 25th Csl/M power track day at donnington having some good fun even spinning off the track twice on the day (im a rubbish driver)luckily no damage))

and then picking up best in show at The ultimate BMW show 07 at santa pod , then taking it down the dragstrip posting a best time of 15.2 sec. and showing a "chipped" 330d my rear bumper!!

The original engine was horned, re-ringed and head fitted with new valve stem seals ,new water pump and complete set of hoses,original plug leads, injectors rebuilt and recently fitted back to the car.

There are many other parts replaced with new on the car, and no part has not been either replaced , reconditioned or repainted.
Anyone looking for a very good example with no corrosion or mechnical issues and cosmetically excellent would be struggling to find a better example and its not just my word the car has won enough trophys in just a handfull of outings that show how nice the car is.

thanks for looking and reading this Neil.

daf336073eab108ff9173e05fa15660c.jpg

aston4

Reaction score
gold e9 coupe

Hi, is your gold csl still for sale ? It looks very good indeed and am very interested in it.
Regads, Jack

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
DJSimca said:
Fantastic condition ... this looks like a new car :shock:

I have to disagree - it is finished a lot nicer than when new, at least underneath and all the mechanical parts!

Really nice car and the Ceylon paint looks great.

Michael Urban

Reaction score
Hi,
I just saw your offer and have been more than impressed ( I was emploeeyed for more than 35 years with BMW and 18 years of the total time with BMW Motorsports). Please tell me what price you ask for this fabolous car - just to be prepared which bankers I should think about for a bank robbery.

regards Mike

answer please to [email protected] Thanks and a merry Xmas and a happy new year !

piedmont

Reaction score
your bmw csl

love the car. I am in Perth (west australia) Is it still available and what would you take ( no nonsense electronic transfer)