For Sale.... e9 Cheap... relatively

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
As quoted by many! a cheap e9 is a very expensive car..

Just a back story to the Tundra so hopefully you all will know where I'm coming from; After rebuilding 4 or 5 e9's I thought I had a clue what I was doing so I broke the cardinal rule and purchased the tundra without visiting her in person. The seller was honest and very straight with me regarding the amount of visible rust and what he thought was the extent of the rust -and through the pictures I felt that it was not that extensive. I took delivery of the car and to be sure there are many good things on her. She's a 2800, 4-speed, non- sunroof, has all the pieces... but, as an extra bonus, it has RUST. This car will need... New rockers, both sides, I think the floors are pretty good but the front fenders also need to come off to do the job properly as there is some rust in the underlying areas. I could rebuild this car but it would take a bit more time than I want to spend on her. If I don't sell her then I will rebuild her but I really don't need another e9. Also, the engine needs to be rebuilt as it's quite stuck at the moment. It's a very original car, the dash and wood are excellent and I would strongly suggest whomever wants it come and inspect it. In my opinion this is a project for someone with deep pockets (and they'll probably break even) or someone with know-how, friends who can help and a bit of free time. price is 17k and I have collected some of the new rocker pieces for her. Some pics attached.

Attachments

• image52.jpeg
    image52.jpeg
    311.7 KB · Views: 278
  • tundra3.jpg
    tundra3.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 278
  • tundra4.jpg
    tundra4.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 268
  • tundra5.jpg
    tundra5.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 280
  • tundra7.jpg
    tundra7.jpg
    434.7 KB · Views: 286
  • tundra9.jpg
    tundra9.jpg
    495.5 KB · Views: 281
  • tundra10.jpg
    tundra10.jpg
    444.4 KB · Views: 303

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
More pictures

Attachments

• rustinrockers.jpg
    rustinrockers.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 299
  • tundra1.jpg
    tundra1.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 296
  • tundra2.jpg
    tundra2.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 291
  • tundra6.jpg
    tundra6.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 268
  • tundra8.jpg
    tundra8.jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 285

floridabmx

Reaction score
Wish i could sell my car and get this. Would be fun to fix up.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
This is a great starter project car at this price for the right person. Here's the thread explaining how Peter acquired the car, which seemed like a rescue effort as much as anything. The thread also discusses how many folks he's helped obtain their car. Hopefully someone will take it on.

As quoted by many! a cheap e9 is a very expensive car..

The real secret for the non-investor is to never, ever tally up the receipts. Just don't do it. My Guatemalan friend calls mine, el agujero negro verde.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks folks, If I don't get any interest here this week I will list on BAT. I have the blue e9, I am wanting to do the Sahara e3, and I would like to find a decent 2002- then my little collection will be complete :)

2002turbo

Reaction score
I am not too far from you and may have some interest, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to send a PM on this forum. Drop me a line russ (at) vh2q (dot) c0m

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am not too far from you and may have some interest, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to send a PM on this forum. Drop me a line russ (at) vh2q (dot) c0m
I can help with the PM part. Just click on the members name (in this case I assume "Peter Coomaraswamy". A small dialog box will appear and there is a "start conversation" button along the bottom. :) That's the new term for PMs on this platform. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Folks, I just submitted the Tundra to BAT, this is the first time for me on that platform so let's see how it goes. They did not accept the listing as of today and they rejected my Polaris e9 with a reserve far below the selling price through Hemmings a couple of years ago so let's see if they've gotten any smater in the last couple of years as it pertains to our beloved e9's :cool:

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I might suggest trying to avoid the auction date landing on holiday travel days. This might be one where the no-reserve gamble could pay off. So much easier to say that when it isn’t my money!

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
I might suggest trying to avoid the auction date landing on holiday travel days. This might be one where the no-reserve gamble could pay off. So much easier to say that when it isn’t my money!

And preferably ending on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Supposed to be the best days...

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I thought Sunday night was the best, that's what the eBay people say
I agree with Sunday evening eBay auction closings. I've had good luck with that timing for years.

I suspect BaT has a different timeline sweet spot. I had the impression that Fridays were good on BaT. Or maybe just many of the cars I like to watch fall on Friday.

floridabmx

Reaction score
Hi Folks, I just submitted the Tundra to BAT, this is the first time for me on that platform so let's see how it goes. They did not accept the listing as of today and they rejected my Polaris e9 with a reserve far below the selling price through Hemmings a couple of years ago so let's see if they've gotten any smater in the last couple of years as it pertains to our beloved e9's :cool:

Haha same with me and my tan car, they want to take my current e9 though pending more photos.