For sale: Italvolanti Formel 380 mm

Hans W.

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Leather in superb condition, looks NOS to me.
Horn buttons 100% perfect.
Spokes aren't 100% perfect, see photo 2.
Comes with a 522x collapsible hub, E9 fitment.
Center ( this is not a horn button! ) of your choice: Silver Motorsport, Colored Motorsport, Alpina or BMW.

Asking price 450 USD / 400 EUR ex. shipping.

Feel free to discuss this steering wheel. I'm looking forward to your comments!
1.jpg
5.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

Wladek

Reaction score
No positive criticism?
Far too kind, lol :)
You really want some?;)

I don't like the holes from overlay & these chinese horn buttons.:( ...maybe just last black/white motorsport one.
But condition of the wheel is perfect:)

Last edited:

Hans W.

Site Donor $
Reaction score
You really want some?;)

I don't like the holes from overlay & these chinese horn buttons.:( ...maybe just last black/white motorsport one.
But condition of the wheel is perfect:)

Haha, no padding indeed!
The Silver emblem is an original BMW emblem.

Hans W.

Site Donor $
Reaction score
BTW, the center isn't a horn button, it's a dummy. It is a Momo horn button housing, but it's empty.
No need for a third horn button in the middle :)

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
No positive criticism?
Far too kind, lol :)

haha, i can be wrong... but you advertise it as a 38 cm … and on the spoke i see 40 … or is this a type # and nothing to do with the dia ? For me , imho , important , 38 is acceptable , 40 to big.

Hans W.

Site Donor $
Reaction score
haha, i can be wrong... but you advertise it as a 38 cm … and on the spoke i see 40 … or is this a type # and nothing to do with the dia ? For me , imho , important , 38 is acceptable , 40 to big.

It is a 38 ( actually 375 mm )
I have no clue regarding the numbers. Usually it's a date stamp, 3 or 4 numbers, month and year.

Hans W.

Site Donor $
Reaction score
What should I do to make this offer interesting?
Tulips? Wooden shoes? Delft Blue? Weed? ( <- Joke! )

Wladek

Reaction score
What should I do to make this offer interesting?
Tulips? Wooden shoes? Delft Blue? Weed? ( <- Joke! )
Perhaps immodestly, but you have to make this wheel early version of genuine e9 Motorsport Italvolanti.

Attachments

• NY70nV1l.jpg
    NY70nV1l.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 318

Frank_1980

Reaction score
The stamp on the back indicates the production week (here CW 40) and year 6 -> 76. It is a a ATI 3, same wheel as the BMW Motorsport wheel 2202344.
Difference here to the BMW wheel: the center hole, where the horn button dummy is situated.

Wladek

Reaction score
The stamp on the back indicates the production week (here CW 40) and year 6 -> 76. It is a a ATI 3, same wheel as the BMW Motorsport wheel 2202344.
Please don't get me wrong, but you can't say that this is the same wheel. It is later type wheel (horn buttons shape, holes etc.), i would say it is 86 not 76.
Momo & other Italian steering wheels manufacturers started to stamp production dates in very late 70's (78, 79), earlier it wasn't practicing.

p.s. sorry Hans didn't wanted to mess in your thread

Frank_1980

Reaction score
The shape of ATI wheel's horn buttons differs, that's right. The bmw e9 / e21 wheel is known with more round shaped spoke ends but also with the style of Hans wheel. After 1984, the wheel was called Indianapolis, and had a leather bolster. And always indicated with kba number, as ATI is a German company and mostly sold for German market. The main difference is the center hole, which is defenetly not produced that often, obviously because not needed as the horn actuation is on the spokes...
And sorry - you are talking about Momo. They stamped since mid of 70s, but you can't fix this than on every wheel manufacturer. What about Nardi, Collaudo or Cisa??? I have a couple of wheels here show different
Stamped 68 69 70 etc.

Attachments

• IMG-20181202-WA0025.jpeg
    IMG-20181202-WA0025.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 546
  • 20181027_205810.jpg
    20181027_205810.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG-20190128-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20190128-WA0005.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 241