For sale: Weber 40 x 3 complete

Now go with the Webers - that maintain and enhance the correct period look in a very nice way! Go find a good 3.0 with D-jet pistons and add a Schrick 284 cam and the triplets = very good fun, plenty of torque, nice revvy setup and great sound!
Agreed, about as good as it gets!

For Sale - Again!

It's official. I'm headed down the FI route, although not entirely certain which way I will go. I am happy to sell these on for the same price I paid. See below for all of the details. I have only opened the box and resealed it.

Wow, going to the dark side huh?
It certainly will be easier and probably more predictable.

I'm sticking with the Webers and have gotten 45's for my build with cam and HC pistons.

I'm like Steve and like that independent throttle body look like my S38 motor in my M5.

Do you do your engine work?

Gary

I do not currently do much to the car outside of purchasing all the parts and interior parts that will not result in the car blowing up. I am seriously thinking about taking the plunge and buying Pauls S38 and should that not pan out, will go with the S38 Intakes on a rebuilt B35.

Does anyone know where to find a Tii brake boosters? I was never able to find one when I did my conversion many years ago so my 4th air horn just has an angled cut on the flute to clear the original BB.

Doug

I would try a post on the 2002Faq

Does anyone know where to find a Tii brake boosters? I was never able to find one when I did my conversion many years ago so my 4th air horn just has an angled cut on the flute to clear the original BB.

Doug

Brake Booster

Posted part wanted on on 2002Faq about 6 months ago and within a few days I got 2 hits. Was able to get one for $250 with shipping.
As Steve said it is well worth a try.

Steve, thanks for the suggestion. I was able to get a tii brake booster from a reply to my post on 2002Faq. Now I will need to buy some new shinny chrome air horns to replace my old pitted brushed sst ones.

Doug

Doug

double O 2 salvage in Hayward CA. Also try Ardvark racing in the San Diego area.

Isn't there a smaller aftermarket hydraulic brake booster available?

There is a guy who advertises in Hemmings Motor News named "Booster Dewey" I have seen him listed in the classified section for a long time. he is essentially an "all brand" rebuilder. Who knows what magic he can come up with??I just used google and there he is

Upon further review I have UNI filters not ITG and I got angled ones at Spruel:

http://www.spruellmotorsport.com/air-filter-dcoe-weber-short-angle-p-2366.html

Mine are black not green and they are great for clearance.

IMG-20130330-00336.jpg

I had never run any air cleaners because of the clearance issues but suppose I should now.

Hadn't considered the polished aluminum trumpets but they look nice, thanks for the link.

Doug

back in the day we ran foam filters that cleared the stock booster

These had a base similar to the K&N but the face of the filter was curved (domed) with oiled foam element, and inner support mesh and an outer metal mesh. They were curved enough that they usually cleared the stock brake booster without issue. I remember once I had to bend the mesh face of the filter slightly. I never used velocity stacks with those filters and didn't feel I needed the extra performance.

http://www.paeco.com/Weiand Air Cleaners.htm

I agree that having a smaller booster, bigger filter and stacks is a nice thing. That's why I have a tii booster stashed away in a box.

Back