for sale

hplug

Reaction score

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hayes,

One of our members, Aynsley (acat), sold this coupe in April on eBay for $15K, the pictures have been lifted from the prior ad I would guess?

Chris

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
What makes this guy a scam? He has been a member of E-bay for over 12 years, has 100% positive feedback with almost 700 transactions. He wants a $500 deposit once auction is over, where does he offer the car for free and pay him later? Are you referring to the second posting you have which is no longer a good link?

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
The second link was a scam

The one in Canada is real. What is with the black roof? Is it vinyl. I wish he would pull the car out into the daylight to take more photos.

The second one lifted Aynsley's (acat2002) photos from his ebay listing for his fjord coupe, recently sold. The second one was most definitely a scam, ebay has been notified. Pretty scary actually.

Cabrio330

Reaction score
What makes this guy a scam? He has been a member of E-bay for over 12 years, has 100% positive feedback with almost 700 transactions. He wants a $500 deposit once auction is over, where does he offer the car for free and pay him later? Are you referring to the second posting you have which is no longer a good link?

My guess is the OP's comments about "I got a message back from this guy..." apply to his second link which is no longer working and is probably the scam he was referencing. That said and speaking from experience, however, it is possible and more common than you might think for scammers to "hijack" the ebay identity of a legitimate seller. I don't have any reason to think that is the case here with the OP's first link - just making this point as a reminder to all that ebay is not 100% safe!

hplug

Reaction score
yup

Here is a copy of the response from the 2nd link. The Canadian car seems legit, sorryfor the confusion
Response from link #2:

Hello,
My name is Michael Barnet and I wanna thanks for your interest about my 1973 BMW 3.0 CS. As you’ve probably already seen on my listing the price I’m looking for my car is $8.100 and this price includes the shipping to your home. The car looks and runs great. Non-smoker . Well maintained .Garage Kept .No accidents The car is like new, no accidents history, clean interior and exterior, no scratches, no damages, no mechanical or engine problems. It has a clear title ready to be signed and notarized on your name. The car comes at your address with all inspections made and a service book.
Unfortunately a divorce is forcing me to sell it under market value. I will not require the money up front because you haven’t seen/test driven the car yet. The sale will be through eBay’s Vehicle Purchase Protection Program, meaning that they will hold and insure your money until receipt of the car in good condition. You will be given a 5 days inspection period before releasing the payment to me. The inspection period is starting from the day you will receive the vehicle. If you won`t like my car(not your case)you notify eBay and you send the car back on my cost, if you want to keep it you announce eBay you send the money(payment method and all the details will be set up by eBay)and you keep the car.
eBay will send you an invoice at your email in which you will see how to start the this transaction and in which you can see that this transaction is legit.If you wish to purchase it please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through eBay.
In this moment I have two more persons ready to buy the car so please let me know your final answer!
Thank You
Michael Barnet

I have personally had my ebay id hacked, they got me on one of those fishing emails that looks to be from Ebay with something like "item won 1932 Duesenburg" then you think oh no what the heck did I bid on and you follow the link provided log in and wammo you just gave some dude your login info. I now always open a new browser log in and check my messages and so forth. There are some really good ones out there be careful!
H

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
I personally like the canvas "sun" roof on the car in Canada,
even looks good to my usually jaundiced eye.
I don't like the flat black schmutz on the inner fenders.

I still think Polaris cars should ALL have RED interiors ;-)