Forum bullying/ harassment?

m73

Reaction score
A question to all fine members here? What constitutes bullying or harassment here? I know you can block users or report posts on Facebook etc...but I have had concerns recently....

I hope the admins can be of some help, as I have owned my coupe for over ten years and plan on another ten....

Thanks,

MF

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
The Feedback forum is the only moderated forum, which means the posts have to be approved before they are displayed. All other forums are "self moderating" and its expected that the Admins will be notified through PM or email if there's a problem. Lately the forums have be pretty well behaved, but sometimes there's quite a bit of "behind the scenes" moderating going on.

Dan

CoachKel

Reaction score
I think this forum is a more civilized place because many of us are over 60 years old. I have cruised from time to time onto the mye28 forum and you see these incredibly rude, aggressive remarks. It is a shame because typically those who make the most belittling and asinine comments are wimps in person. This forum is a real treasure with many personalities who are more than happy to help versus the juvenile "search the forum" responses you get elsewhere.

A question to all fine members here? What constitutes bullying or harassment here? I know you can block users or report posts on Facebook etc...but I have had concerns recently....

I hope the admins can be of some help, as I have owned my coupe for over ten years and plan on another ten....

Thanks,

MF

jmackro

Reaction score
I think this forum is a more civilized place...

Agree. As Internet forums go, the e9 group is decidedly civilized. I participate in a few other forums, and this one is top notch.

Having said that, the software that supports the e9 forum is used by many many groups. From my involvement with those other (less polite) groups, I have discovered the "ignore" feature. If and when someone routinely annoys you, just go to the "user CP", click on "edit ignore list" and add their user name. You will be surprised how much this will lower your blood pressure!

....because many of us are over 60 years old.

Is it our age, or simply that e9's are owned by a more refined class of people?

Last edited:

m73

Reaction score
Thanks to all. Some very thoughtful responses which goes to show how genuine some members truly are.

I really like this forum and the 2002 forum, having owned one of each vehicle (no longer 2002, but looking)

I certainly don't want to rattle nerves, good clean play is okay, this is still a top-notch forum with great contributions....

Thanks,

MF

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've found that one of the most difficult aspects of the online life is trying to get the sense of what you are saying across in text. At times it will come across as abrupt when really you may just be stating the facts as you see them without trying to be dictatorial or dogmatic. ( Like I'm doing now for example. What do I mean? ). And if you are not a gifted writer subtle or ironic humour is also very difficult to achieve with an audience that may not be in tune with your take on things.

Attachments

• onlinecommunitylifecycle.jpg
    onlinecommunitylifecycle.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 120