Foundation Fest...?

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
These are the events scheduled during The Vintage once it moved to Greer NC & before Scott Sturdy formally cancelled The Vintage Show.

Dohn

Reaction score
80% of your issues are probably with the distributor, other 30% is with the carbs (if you have them) fix those and your Coupe will run at 110%.

B35 with Motronic, so I suspect either a vacuum leak or faulty air meter. Drove perfectly a week ago, then the next time I started it I couldn't get an idle. Don't dare drive it to the shop, so it's a flat bed for me. Bummer.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
So, was there a gathering of coupe people? Some of us would like to live vicariously through those of you who met up.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
So, was there a gathering of coupe people? Some of us would like to live vicariously through those of you who met up.

The Foundation Fest is this beginning this evening October 22nd to Sunday October 24th with a majority of events on Saturday.

HonaloochieBoogie

Reaction score
We went through the Genesis event today. Shorter than I thought it would be, but well worth the trip. Saw some beautiful cars in the parking lot including a black e9. A forum member? Either way, a beautiful coupe. The license plate was “it’s a 74”.
26DD3D5A-0F5C-49B8-8000-470875C97327.jpeg
D10820D2-8936-44FF-B25C-56D9B8E5614B.jpeg
A1BA5B1F-F789-4C9D-ACE0-84B5BDCD6178.jpeg
5AE763FE-A991-4A90-8C00-1495E8400A85.jpeg

Dohn

Reaction score
Yup, that was me. Amy Lester was also there with her silver coupe, as was Don Bower with his Baikal one, for a short time. There were two black coupes, surprisingly, the second being the automatic with the red interior that was in the Koppinger Performance booth at last year's Vintage, so coupes were pretty well represented. A great exhibition, with spectacular cars. The Cars and Coffee at the CCA headquarters had a good mix of old and new, as well, and folks seemed to have a great time at the Autocross at the Performance Center. Overall, pretty amazing for an event put together on such short notice. The Genesis show at the Foundation is being kept open until next May, closing after the weekend of the Vintage (Covid-permitting), so there's still time to see these incredible cars. Call ahead, as they are scheduling visitors to reduce crowding.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I need to get there and see that 3200 CS. There was a 3200 S on the lawn at Pebble Beach in 2016, but I've not seen a 3200 CS.

I've heard it said that BMW introduced the shape of our cars when it launched the 2000 CS, but to my eye, the 3200 CS is more likely the genesis of our cars. The shark nose front end, long hood, expansive glass greenhouse featuring an elegant pillar-less design for the side window, the Hofmeister kink with the BMW logo at the base of the C pillar, and the rounded sloping rear end all remind me of our cars. I think we owe a lot to that Bertone design.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I saw 3200 CS at Amelia Island one year. They are much bigger in person than they look in pictures.

Dohn

Reaction score
There are definitely design cues that influenced the e9. The rear fender shape is also reminiscent of some Alfas, which makes sense, too. That car is just a knockout, with a tan leather interior with blue piping that would look at home in a Rolls. As Steve says, it is a large car, with a more imposing presence than our lithe and lovely coupes.