Free: 3.0 Si "Factory" Large Schematic Wiring Diagram

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi guys, This large, 55"x 26" poster came from a local BMW dealer. It looks to me like something they had made up locally as the writing is in English. It says 1975 on it but of course it will be pretty similar for many other Si years. It's printed on heavy poster paper stock and finished in a sheen that prevents it from getting too grungy but make no mistake, it's been in shop for decades. Easy on the eyes when you're troubleshooting the circuits.

IMG_9351[1].JPG IMG_9352[1].JPG IMG_9353[1].JPG IMG_9354[1].JPG Free to the first poster here for the cost of postage in a sturdy cardboard tube. I ran a price check from Milwaukee to LA and it came out at $13 for USPS Priority.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey Luis,
What a beautiful schematic. I am local to you and interested in it as a piece of framed art. If no one else "needs" it for their car, I'd gladly pick it up from you - which would also give us an opportunity to meet. Please let me know.
Stephen

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Luis- I don't want to "trump" Stephen but I might need those for my next project "silky" but, if Stephen gets them then at least I know who I may be able to borrow them from :)

Attachments

• brakes8.JPG
    brakes8.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 268
  • cleaning up.JPG
    cleaning up.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 242
  • cleaning up1.JPG
    cleaning up1.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 261

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Oh jeez - The car takes precedent to an art piece. :)
That said, I do have access to a reproduction shop. So I "could" get the print, have it reproduced and laminated, and send one off to Peter. Just sayin'.
Whatever you guys decide.

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Somehow I didn’t get an email alert of a reply to this thread. Stephen, I’m available tomorrow Sunday if you’d like to swing by and pick it up. Send me a text to connect. Not in cell phone range until after 3pm today. My number: Six 5 one - twoseven zero-81 two two.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Perfect - thank you Luis. I'll text you in the morning to dial in a time and location.
@Peter Coomaraswamy , I will send you a full size replication of this. Will let you know when I have it ready.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
How many are you making ?
Ha ha, well that is a fantastic question. I'll make as many as there are takers - I don't think the artwork is copyrighted - at least I don't see a mark on the original. I don't want to make money on these - happy to print/plot reproductions and ship to anyone who wants one. I'll have to find out what those costs are.

By the way, while @HB Chris was right in saying that you can enlarge the graphic from the Blue Book, I tend to think that this piece was made through a different method. Which is to say, I think it was something BMW may have printed for dealership shops.?. The linework is very crisp, relatively speaking, for the scale it is at. Now, whether we'll get as crisp a scan of it for re-prints is still an outstanding question.

If anyone wants one, let me know and I'll be happy to send essentially for the cost of the process plus shipping.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We'll scan in on a bit larger machine - no bed. The artwork gets "rolled" in. We're limited to 42" or 48" width, I think - essentially unlimited length. :)

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Just a quick update. I have pricing for printing this wiring diagram on (3) different paper types. What I am trying to get smarter about is the cost to ship a drawing cost effectively. We ship drawing tubes frequently, but when we do we're typically overnighting them which is not that cost effective. I want to get to the post office to confirm pricing with a more common method. It seems First Class might be the best option, but I'll know more soon. Thanks!

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Consider providing the scan as a pdf and recipients can go get it printed locally.
Yes, this is what Cocomats do before creating Coupe mats. They send a pdf, to the actual size, and I forward it off to the local printer, who then churns out the large, actual size copy of the mats for final check in the car. So the larger wiring diagram should work just fine this way. Mike