Free with pickup in Oakland, CA—early E3 front seats, Marineblau Skai

corvair kid

Reaction score
I haven't been here in a long time—I sold my Bavaria over two years ago, and I think it's changed hands again since. Maybe the new owner is here!

I still have both front seats that were in my car when I bought it, and I am moving and need to pass them along to someone new. They are the early E3 style (no "horse collar" around the pleats, rolled top corners), correct for a 1969-71 2500 or a '71 Bavaria. They are upholstered in original Marineblau Skai vinyl; there are splits in both seat bottoms and general wear, and they could use horsehair replenishment, but I would rate their overall condition as "good." The headrests I have with the seats are a slightly later "cat's ear" style, but match the color and vinyl weave.

I will try and get pictures soon. They are not very accessible in my garage at the moment, and our air quality is such that I don't want to spend a lot of time out there if I can avoid it.

We will be moving in mid-October, and I do not intend to move these seats. Anyone who can pick them up is welcome to them for free.

corvair kid

Reaction score
Hello, curious.

Pics when able?

I'm in Norcal, thx.

Got out to the garage and pulled the seats out. My memory was wrong—only the driver's seat has a split seam. The passenger seat is clean. I had pulled one of the headrests out (big mistake, as we all know); it was in there once, hopefully it could go in again.

I also found a driver-side rear window I forgot I had. I'll post it separately as well. Same deal, free to anyone who can pick it up.

IMG_9916.JPG

IMG_9917.JPG

IMG_9918.JPG

IMG_9919.JPG

Last edited:

corvair kid

Reaction score
Bump—I couldn't bring myself to throw these away, so I moved them. Oh, brother. I still want them to go to someone who can use them, and I'd love to free up the space in my garage. Bavaria is nearly four years out of my possession, now in very good hands getting lots of love in Maryland.

Rare, early style ('69-71), good condition, great base for reconditioning. I still have the window (rear driver side), too.

Still free with pickup from Oakland, CA!

I now also find myself with a pair of front buckets, in lousy shape, for a 1980s Saab 900. It's like they're multiplying! Also free, if anybody knows somebody who needs parts seats for an aged Swede.

Mike Pelly

Reaction score
Thanks for trying to find a good home for these parts. There's another pair of these seats in Orange County, but in worse shape, that need a new home. pm me if interested.