from thread "bum you out"

sirshorty

Reaction score
Hi all,

Sorry to bum anyone out!! This is my second coupe that I rescued from the lower east side . I was going to use it as a parts car initially but decided it is too good for that and should be at least a driver until it is restored and I do use it for that weekly .I had it out on long island as a second car but that house is gone and it had to come back into the city and the cost of parking is so high that it is been kept on the street. Most of the damage was there already when i got it. I will probably not restore it so if someone here wants to "rescue" it and restore it with their own skills or pay someone with the skills to do it for them I would consider letting it go to a new home. I would be looking for offers in the 12G area.

Here is some basic info and I will also post current pics later . PM me with your # to discuss,for pics etc.

HISTORY
I have had it 4 years Used it as a second car on long island in the summer but brought back into the city last year. . Not sure how many owners but I have records from one owner who bought it in 1989 for 15,000(must have been sweet then) and he kept it for 10 years with records indicating regular maintaince , a rebuilt transmission, and A/C work,. then from 1999 I have no records. I have done no major work just basic things to keep it running. tune-up . etc. also have some used parts to correct some issues like rear bumper, wiper arm and mechanism, hood hinges, grills, rims and some other things.

MECHANICAL & COSMETIC CONDITION
Car runs and drives . All lights, horn, wipers(only one on the car now but have the other one) are working. driver window not working, Passernger side doesn't go all the way up. rear windows do work . A/C blows warm currently. Heat works. tires are old,.needs new shocks and springs , needs new hazard button. strange non stock exhaust. Car has less rust than many of these cars but as you all know they all have rust.. Has rust around rear wind shield and some on the forward part of driver rocker panel. bubbles on driver side lower fender. some surface rust around driver side shock tower but is solid .some other surface rust as well. The hood hinges are bent so thats why it is lifted up. one side of the torsion bar is broken off and this may have contributed to it being that way. I have new factory hinges for it. The trunk was closed down with the support still up so that is why it is bent. Passenger side rear quarter panel has dent, rear impact damage pushed in rear bumper and body there as well. small dents on roof from two kids on the LES jumping on roof at same time according to last owner( WTF!).from bumper is straight but rusty and kidney grill is damaged. The interior fronts seats are bad under the sheepskin covers and rear seats are ok for a driver. wood is all there but needs refinishing. carpet is ok for a driver. Car was originally fjord blue but now is atlantic blue.

m73

Reaction score
Shorty,

Good luck with the sale, I certainly am supportive of your story and wish a happy outcome.

-Mo

michael

Site Donor
Reaction score
Are you referring to the Fjord coupe that's always parked on 1st ave between 2nd & 3rd street?