Front and rear ride height 3.0 csi

OZCSi

Reaction score
As teh topic suggests, can anyone say the standard ride heights? Mine is nose up just too much and lays lows in the back. New bilsteins fitted and in general good order, but need to take 25mm front front and add to the back.....any ideas?? Or just get springs reset to suit....

OZCSi

Reaction score
As teh topic suggests, can anyone say the standard ride heights? Mine is nose up just too much and lays lows in the back. New bilsteins fitted and in general good order, but need to take 25mm front front and add to the back.....any ideas?? Or just get springs reset to suit....

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Ride Height

Can you actually get springs "reset" as in reduced in height? A set of lowering springs (you have King Springs in AUS I think) will lower but firm up the ride. Lot's of choices that will be close to standard to - 1".

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Ride Height

Can you actually get springs "reset" as in reduced in height? A set of lowering springs (you have King Springs in AUS I think) will lower but firm up the ride. Lot's of choices that will be close to standard to - 1".

dj_efk

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get some 1" drop springs in the UK or Europe that are only, say, 10% stiffer than original? I can get 20% ones but I know from previous cars I've lowered that this is too much for what I'm trying to achieve.

Thanks

o

Reaction score
Hiya,

Yes, i'm thinking the same with my car - too high at the front. My thread for my car has some good input from others regarding this sunbject, I recommend taking a look.

o :)

Bill Cutler

Reaction score
On my CSi I used Pedders 2120 front springs from a Holden Commodore. You can also use Kings KHFL48HD which are the same size but slightly stiffer. At the rear I used Kings KBRL22 which are a progressive rate coil - they work well on the coupes. This has lowered the car nicely:
467.jpg
[/img]

Stefan

Reaction score
I did a quick check. For my car Euro standard, I measured the following:

Difference front to rear = 45 mm

Wheel centre to front wing = 380mm
Wheel centre to rear wing = 335mm

mark

Reaction score
hi bill,

love the ride height. i need to lower mine and advice so far is to cut the springs. would like to ollow yr lrad.

can you tell me please, the wheeks look like 16s, correct?

cab you elaborate on the amount of difference between the front kings and pedders? do you know if same combo has been tried on csl (my understanding being that some solutions still have csl a little high due to weight - though town pack car i am not so sure?)?

thanks
mark

Bill Cutler

Reaction score
Mark, dont cut your springs. It's dangerous - they won't sit in the struts properly and can come loose if you corner hard.
Call Kings springs but I reckon their fronts might be a bit hard for "fast road" use. It also depends on your strut inserts.

Your CSL won't be much lighter at the front, the only difference is the alloy bonnet skin.

My wheels are the 16" staggered Alpina's - cool eh!!!!!!

OZCSi

Reaction score
Hi, I had stated in another post that a company who makes commercial springs in Rockhampton Queensland called Dobinsons will make the set up you want immediately from scratch. They did some work for me and I was very happy. The company has been around for a long time and are very reliable. Dobinsons springworks. No! I dont know the owners and dont have any interest, but I think Aus guys should keep them in mind. Cheers

dj_efk

Reaction score
Bill Cutler said:
On my CSi I used Pedders 2120 front springs from a Holden Commodore. You can also use Kings KHFL48HD which are the same size but slightly stiffer. At the rear I used Kings KBRL22 which are a progressive rate coil - they work well on the coupes. This has lowered the car nicely:

This looks SPOT ON! - Anyone know where I can get these springs in the UK or Europe or where I can order online fromo Aus?

Thanks

OZCSi

Reaction score
Mate King Springs etc are very common on Ebay.com.au and there are a few ebay stores in OZ that handle those springs very easily.

Cheers

mark

Reaction score
i haven't had the chance to look myself but will buy a set in the next week or so. if interested i can order 2 sets and ship one, or perhaps even hand carry

dj_efk

Reaction score
Hi Mark,

Just PM'd you about this - Still interested in the springs if you have them and are over here?

Thanks

pamp

Reaction score
Height

Hmm... Too high in the front. Maybe lose the spacer I had questions about. It measures a little more than 3/4'' Couldn't hurt as the concensus seems to be that this item falls under the term "excess weight"
Al