front brakes

shanon

Reaction score
B,
What tires are you running for your tarmac events events?
Curious, how much does your car weigh?

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
shanon, we don't have "tarmac" events.... mostly there are also gravel roads included …. mud etc...
I started with Kumho semi slicks but changed quickly to winter tires…. ( Michelin Alpin) : first rally in februari there can be snow , others not anymore , but those tires perform well in rain/mud.... and good enough on dry tarmac. We don't use a service crew , ( $$$$ ), so we have to drive the event with the tires we start... and weather changes here often from sun to rain …. remember , this is "regularity" , not "rally". We must drive "average" speeds , no racing , on unknow roads , so navigation is almost "more" important , included difficult map reading …. but fun ! ( and less stress and $$$$ as rally …. i did it many years , but no more )

shanon

Reaction score
Got ya. sounds like fun

"...so we have to drive the event with the tires we start..." Yep, we're birds of a feather, I am stuffing an extra track wheelset/tires in the trunk, rear seat and roof rack for a 250 mile haul to the track this weekend.

good times ;)

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
yes... i did some track racing but it's not my cup of tea … always that same lap,same corners …. after 5 laps i had enough :D