Front End Alignment

chope97

Reaction score
I have not needed to have a car aligned in many years, but my 73 Bavaria took the cake. We replaced tie rods and center track link. We tried to adjust tie rods to the old ones. The alignment on this car was so bad that front tires only lasted a few months. I took it to my friendly BMW shop and he said it was so far out that the alignment machine could not register any numbers. After a lot of adjustment he was able to get the following numbers. Driving feels like a new car with the new tires
1630290393973.png

Mike Goble

Reaction score
I guess I must be lucky or something. I've replaced every part of my front suspension a few times in the 15 years I've had my Bav and all I've done is set the toe and go.

vanbavaria

Site Donor
Reaction score
I replaced the front wishbones on my 72 E3 this past summer. Thought everything would be all good but by the time I hit 30kph out of the garage it sounded like I was doing a FWD burn out let alone no steering wheel center:oops:. I’ve come to the conclusion to check alignment anytime I do front end work. My alignment guy said I was over 1” toed in on Both sides haaa!