Front-wheel well "mud Guards"

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here are pics of the OEM mud guards I bought years ago when the car was being painted. They came from W&N with rubber gaskets. The shop painted them with the black stone guard spray that was also painted in the wheel wells,so the gaskets would not fit against the body of the fender. I used SEM sealer in a caulking tube to seal up all of the gaps around them. They fit perfectly once I bent the pointed bottoms to align the 2 holes for the screws. I don't think any water gets through them into the rockers. The pics show the guards installed for at least 2 years.

Attachments

• IMG_6454.jpg
    IMG_6454.jpg
    460.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_6455.jpg
    IMG_6455.jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_6456.jpg
    IMG_6456.jpg
    518.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_6457.jpg
    IMG_6457.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_6458.jpg
    IMG_6458.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 65

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
How often do you clean under there & the upper “shelf”’with the wheels off?

Several of us the Northeast have had VSR install Lokari Fender Liners to mitigate rocks & sand getting in. Now a well placed compressor nozzle & vacuum cleans anything that gets in easily.

When I first bought Athena, I pried & vacuumed 5 pounds of hard packed sand & debris from each side.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have some flexible guards on mine that I will be taking off in the next few days. They are made out of a flat fiberglass like material. They fit really well. I can make a paper template of them if anybody would like the dimensions. I do not have the ability to scan them . If anybody does, that could be shared. I'd mail the paper to them. I'll be spraying lanolin rust proofer up there before I button it all up. I just bought a sprayer and will be using either fluid film or most likely a product recently purchased called Surface Shield.

Last edited: