FS. 10/11 Open End Wrench

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I also have access to a couple of 10/11 open end spanners and I'm not sure what a fair price would be. I don't need them myself but I know they are hard to find and members are looking for them. Please reply with an offer so I know what I should pay.
Thanks
Harry

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
List price is $13.52 from BMW.
Chris your answer shocked me even though I respect your knowledge. If what you gave for an answer is how you would buy your tool kit tools than nI will ask you to sell me your old tools and buy brand new tools for the same price as they are now selling for. Maybe you were being funny.
I would like to hear from some members that can expalin the answer.
Koopman

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
A simple answer. If you want to fill tool kit slots go new. If you want originality, you have to go used, because as I have said before, the writing forged into the shanks is totally different.Same for complete kits. You can go to the dealer and buy new, or maybe call them reproductions, for approx $175, add the cost of red handled screw drivers and a blue cloth, and you are at the price over what you can buy a proper kit for . Not only that, the green handled screwdrivers in the new tool group will not fit the appropriate slots in the case itself.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Harry,

A few years ago all the wrenches were around $8 each. As Bert says new ones may look a bit different but laying on their side in the tool case they look the same, it's a personal preference. I have original tools and have also sold several sets of original tools. Buying new is one approach but I have used new prices to sell original sets. Six wrenches $50, pliers around $25 each, red screwdrivers $150, feeler gauge $50, tube wrenches $20 each, etc. Bert's sets are in this price range as well. We haven't seen a photo of your wrench to know if it is old or newer.

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thank you Chris and that is exactly where my prices are. The real b.tch is that I used to be able to put maybe 4-6 sets a year together with red handles. I am talking mint sets with 0 rust. So far this year 2 sets. the reds are getting scarce city. My real find this year is the ultra rare telescoping "M" spark plug wrenches as new.

Last edited:

steve in reno

Reaction score
Forum rule #2....list price.....
not, you have access to.
photos preferred as above
"Please reply with an offer so I know what I should pay." ??????

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Forum rule #2....list price.....
not, you have access to.
photos preferred as above
"Please reply with an offer so I know what I should pay." ??????
Hi Steve;
I have been spending hours daily looking for parts for members I have never had conversations with and have had good responses from many members for the work I do. If I am doing something wrong and breaking rules I will gladly stop doing it.
I really do not know who you are and really don't care,but I will tell you taht you are the first to complain about my posts since I joined. I have read nearly every post in the last 15 years and have never heard any member say they wanted new tools for their tool kits. I would be interested to know how many of the long time members and even the newbies have the new tools in their tool tray.
I am sure for whatever reason,most likely a personal one,you have sent me this message I would like to discuss it with Dan so to know what,if any,rules I have broken.
Going back to prices of tools,both new and old, I wonder why an original green handle screwdriver sells for 10 times as much as a new one.
I am very sorry about this conversation and I wish it would have never came to this.
Koopman

steve in reno

Reaction score
Please, just stop double posting on my for sale posts.
It is rude.
If you have something to sell, start your own post.
It is nice of you, us, that have the time, to bring forth info/parts that we find good for the community.

I don't make the rules. Read them at the top of the for sale section. #1 location..#2 price..
If you are finding parts for members, I commend that effort. PM them that info. Provide a link for others to read.

But don't step on others posts!

Like my post for armrests for sale. You immediately posted a CL offer of one in SF for $20. Good info...post in separate for sale ad.
From your address on the forum I assume you live in a small city/town. Do you have any idea how costly it is to travel in SF to buy a $20 part,. I wouldn't send a CL ad a payment of $20 and frt costs of ? Cost to go SEE, 2 way bridge travel, $10..2 hours of drive time minimum...??

Or you cold get it from a trusted forum member, WITH pictures and correspondence for questions.
I have NO personal issue with you or your choice of posts. "most likely a personal one," ???
I don't have a problem with you contacting Dan. I believe that he will tell you the same thing.

I also have been here from the beginning of this forum. There were 10+ that came over from Roadfly and started our own group/forum.

Done

steve