FS: 14" Alpina Wheels

floridabmx

Reaction score
EDIT: Early wheel sold. Later one still available.

I have 2 14" 5x120 alpina spare wheels for sale. Great way to complete your full set with a full size spare. One wheel is early without the holes between the lugs and the other is the later variant with the holes. Asking $500 shipped each.

Wqvv6SZSu_oRdUJ57BbZB2BglTFzZePBtqEOWanDF1g

5WIkgKgnjGWVuk1AsrumBb9cVVXKVu3URG9iSuAEPqo

Nzk67NEkHJbNIZih5j0h477Q1wuTxRIDv9QhnjWtXuI

-g1i9DalYdBJ_S9jip0YXObgLINPoE3wjDaFYf8GgO8

Last edited:

floridabmx

Reaction score
well, looks like only three say alpina on them. :(

attached photos. sorry for the quality.

I need to get them off the car.

0hzIPKN.jpg

dyL9kZB.jpg

BwfmAhD.jpg

O78jhBg.jpg

floridabmx

Reaction score
what do you guys think? looks like i may only have two actual real alpina wheels. After some research I dont think FPS ever made an Alpina...not sure why that is on there.

Simufly

Reaction score
FPS made the Alpina Style wheels for BMW. The usual size for the FPS is 6x14 rather than the Alpina 7x14.
The early Aplina wheels only have the five mounting holes the later versions have five small extra holes.
From the photos you posted, it seems that there is only one earlyAlpina and the others appear to be FPS.

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
FPS made the Alpina Style wheels for BMW. The usual size for the FPS is 6x14 rather than the Alpina 7x14.
The early Aplina wheels only have the five mounting holes the later versions have five small extra holes.
From the photos you posted, it seems that there is only one earlyAlpina and the others appear to be FPS.

FPS also made 7x14. They still make them. I thought they were around $350 each but they are closer to $500 each new still.

I bet someone wants that single "no hole" alpina if you decide to split the set. That is probably worth more than half of your initial asking price.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
this is most puzzling as one of the stamped "alpina" wheels has the extra 5 holes and also says FPS. the other alpina wheel is the no-extra hole version and does not say FPS. then there is the first one that i can't tell if it says alpina or not.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
And on that one wheel the Alpina almost looks engraved and not "raised." Might just be the photo.

The interesting thing about that wheel is that it doesn't have the BMW logo or part number, so it doesn't look like a factory 7x14 FPS Alpina clone.

shermanmartinez

Reaction score
Alpina copy wheels

It would serve you well to take a look at the backside of each wheel to see the date stamp on them. The only manufacturer that I have seen of genuine Alpina wheels was Ronal. Ronal even made wheels that were identical to those they made for Alpina but simply lacked the "Alpina" logo cast into the center. Those Ronal wheels are interesting due to the fact that the genuine "Alpina" center caps fit on them whereas on the other copy wheels the genuine Alpina centercaps did not fit.

floridabmx

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Sorry it's been raining here in Florida so it's been hard to get photos. The first wheel is definitely a real alpina as its raised with the casting. I know it's hard to see. That one is in my garage. I will get better photos of all as soon as I can get the tires dismounted. It definitely looks as if someone engraved alpina in that one FPS wheel so I am not considering that one to be real either. But it looks like I have an early wheel with no holes between spokes and a later genuine.