FS: 1967 2000c - 27k original miles - long term ownership

scottd

Reaction score
It's disappointing that the largest community of coupe fans isn't the best place to sell a coupe. Even a super clean, nice coupe like this or the 3.0 here. BaT is perhaps your best option, or maybe a consignment shop like AutoKennel?

Scott

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
IMHO
What is holding this great car back are
(1) it is a C not a CS
(2) auto versus 4spd

John

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Paint on this car hasn't even been cut and polished

I reached out to the sellers of that green car last year, asking for hi-res pictures to use when I put mine back together. They quickly obliged with all the photos they had. In the conversations, they told me the car was not restored, but original... Seems unbelievable, but that's the story.

Ed

e30austin

Reaction score
Took it out to the last big event of the year today, BMW Motorfest, hosted by BMW Oregon CCA. It sure does run and drive nicely. Ready to find it a new home.

Price drop to $40,000.

42752151290_06f7df345f_z.jpg

30690875478_e0a17552a7_z.jpg

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
No offense to the owner as this car is absolutely stunning but has any other 2000c sold for this type of money or anywhere close to it?

e30austin

Reaction score
No offense to the owner as this car is absolutely stunning but has any other 2000c sold for this type of money or anywhere close to it?

None taken, and I totally get what you are saying. I can't find any comparable 2000ca sales (besides the rust bucket/non runners), so it's hard for me to say. The only comps, which were even only sorta comparable, have all been 2000cs cars, of which, this is not.

I haven't showed this car to a single person. Have had a lot of interest, but it seems they were all just "looky-loos", or tire kickers. I would consider a reasonable, IN PERSON, cash offer, just to move it along.

What does the general consensus, realistically, think this car is worth? It's a very special car, which, unfortunately, has little to no following, and creates a very, very narrow market for itself.

scottd

Reaction score
IMHO this car just needs the right buyer, and that person is a rare individual. I'd love this car, but have a similar auto 3.0 in my garage. As an owner of manual P cars, '68 and '06, I like the GT feel of the auto coupes. Composed and relaxed. I hope the right buyer comes along as this is a terrific car.

Scott

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
IMHO this car just needs the right buyer, and that person is a rare individual. I'd love this car, but have a similar auto 3.0 in my garage. As an owner of manual P cars, '68 and '06, I like the GT feel of the auto coupes. Composed and relaxed. I hope the right buyer comes along as this is a terrific car.

Scott
Color may play a big role for some buyers. I have grown to like the 2000cs over time. But the ones I have been attracted to are black or silver or red in no special order. And all the 2000s have that killer interior that for me is so period correct. Pre Penny-Pinchers in charge.

Steve

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sale pending on Wednesday. Deposit received. Glad this car finally found a new home. Thanks, all.

Austin

Great news! Very glad to hear this beautiful car has found a new home. Glad we were parked next to each other at Motorfest!

e30austin

Reaction score
Great news! Very glad to hear this beautiful car has found a new home. Glad we were parked next to each other at Motorfest!

Thanks for the kind words. Was neat to have the two of them together, one last time.

Car left today, headed for Seattle, to be a part of a very nice collection. Bittersweet, but it was time to pass the torch along.

Austin

45048816154_19903b0fd2.jpg