FS: 1970 2800 CS in San Diego, CA

IS3FIFTY

Reaction score
Selling my 1970 2800CS. A California car which I bought from another member on this forum in 2010. It was sold new in Los Angeles and has always been registered in California. It was fitted with a 3.2L from a 1989 733 at one point before my time. In 2012 I started a major restoration which included:
- stripped the body naked and sanded to bare metal,
- new rocker and rear quarter panels (Sacio Enterprise in San Diego, CA)
- reinforced differential mount area, (Sacio Enterprise in San Diego, CA)
- side marker delete in the front,
- repainted in Fjord Blue - was originally Nevada (Peter Hogenes in Vista, CA)
- new rear brakes (drums, shoes, cylinders and lines) (101 European in Solana Beach, CA)
- new spark plugs, coil and tune up (101 European in Solana Beach, CA)
- Getrag 4-speed swap (La Jolla Indepedent, CA)
- all seats re-upholstered (Jim's Auto upholstery in San Diego, CA)
- new carpet (Jim's Auto upholstery in San Diego, CA)
- new headliner (Jim's Auto upholstery in San Diego, CA)
- new seatbelts (retractable in the front)
- took apart and lubed all the windows mechanism and motors
- polished the body line aluminum trim (Decorative Metal Finishing in Escondido, CA)
- new emblems, hood and side vents
- LED 3rd stop light strip
- new hood, trunk and side window seals
- BBS type 42 wheels.

There are a few things I have not been able to complete: reassembly of the under-dash, the center console and the wood (I have everything, though), fix the gas gauge (not accurate, I believe it might be a short) and the turn signals (I believe it might be the relay).

The 3.2 liter engine is strong and runs well.
- electronic ignition,
- dual 38/38 Webers,
- high capacity radiator,
- viscous fan clutch and 7-blade fan,
- Koni shocks

Included with the car are the front bumper (good condition, straight with no dents), new roof trim and extra parts.

Clean title and CA registration paid until August.
More pictures here
Asking $20,000

20170225_093625.jpg
20170225_093633.jpg
20170225_093640.jpg
20170225_093647.jpg

Asking $20,000.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Lovely car! Don't sell it to anyone other than a forum member that that price.

Not that I don't appreciate the shiny Fjord paint job but I have to say - Holy Cow a Nevada car. There are only three registered Nevad e9's.

Forum Member's car:
img_1028-jpg.22363

guanshee

Reaction score
Just in case you didn't receive my PM message call me at 408-439-8288 as I'm interested. I'm available after 10:30am after my morning meetings.

lloyd

Reaction score
Exceptionally pretty and clean. Better-than-showroom in your pictures.:)

Interesting touch with the side markers. A tip 'o the hat to Mopar? Any particular reason for deleting the fronts yet leaving the rears?

I vaguely recall seeing an E9 with similar side lights installed on the side pillars, in place of the roundels. (Never saw them illuminated at night, nor do I have a clue how bulbs would have been replaced.) o_O

Best of luck with the sale. Hope it goes to a good home.

$T2eC16VHJHgE9n0yFjGLBQL4d-,RVQ~~60_35.JPG

iu

20170225_093625-jpg.26942

Original side markers
1972%20BMW%203.0CS%20Right%20Side.jpg

IS3FIFTY

Reaction score
Exceptionally pretty and clean. Better-than-showroom in your pictures.:)

Interesting touch with the side markers. A tip 'o the hat to Mopar? Any particular reason for deleting the fronts yet leaving the rears?
Thanks. Good catch. Yes, the small round ones are the Mopar "whale eye". I never liked the original bulging side markers on the E9. They look like an after thought and ruin the design. The Mopar ones fit right into the hole and look good with the chrome trim. Also, if I remember correctly, the front ones are not even functional, just reflective. So no point in my mind since the turn signal also act as parking lights.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Nice car. Great Price! Seems like you could not perform all the work that's been done for less than $20k.
Should sell quickly.

lsquaredb

Reaction score
Not everyone puts the fronts side markers back on when their undergoes the periodic front fender replacement.

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Lovely car! Don't sell it to anyone other than a forum member that that price.

Not that I don't appreciate the shiny Fjord paint job but I have to say - Holy Cow a Nevada car. There are only three registered Nevad e9's.
Hi Markos,

My car was originally Nevada but resprayed about 18 years ago to the metallic blue it is today. Part of me wants to put it back to Nevada for the rarity of the color and for originality, BUT as others have also stated, it is not exactly the most stunning color. I do like that Nevada is paint code 001 though! The other rationale against keeping the color is that the transmission is changed as will be the motor. So sadly it will be another Nevada example gone with me.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Markos,

My car was originally Nevada but resprayed about 18 years ago to the metallic blue it is today. Part of me wants to put it back to Nevada for the rarity of the color and for originality, BUT as others have also stated, it is not exactly the most stunning color. I do like that Nevada is paint code 001 though! The other rationale against keeping the color is that the transmission is changed as will be the motor. So sadly it will be another Nevada example gone with me.

I feel like both Nevada and Sahara are colors that you can appreciate on a survivor car, but can't justify selecting during a respray. :D @E911 has a gorgeous Nevada E3 from Colorado.