FS: 1972 3.0cs - Batmobile Replica

Ajay

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Offering my CS here for a short time, as I found another car I'd rather have. Its a 4 speed manual, no sunroof, weber 38s, new brakes, bilsteins and lowering springs, petri, 16" alpina replicas, and CSL fixins. Driver quality car, take anywhere, perfect base for restoration, or hot rod. Original california car with documents and receipts.

$45k OBO, located in New Smyrna Beach, Florida.

IMG-5406.jpg

IMG-5420.jpg

IMG-5431.jpg

IMG-5432.jpg

IMG-5435.jpg

IMG-5626.jpg

2-FC65-C6-E-93-D1-42-E7-BCD4-0-D504-CC248-FC.jpg

Ian, that's a real beauty.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Great looking car, seems like a VERY fair price....GLWS! Sorry I looked again and still may have missed it, but do you have a link to ad anywhere else with more detailed pics, history, description, engine bay, etc.?

floridabmx

Reaction score
Great looking car, seems like a VERY fair price....GLWS! Sorry I looked again and still may have missed it, but do you have a link to ad anywhere else with more detailed pics, history, description, engine bay, etc.?

Thank you I don’t, no. not a real official for sale ad, as I’m not 100% commited to selling (long term), but the car I want is still available so this car is as well. I had a couple PMs already and phone numbers and more pictures were exchanged and got straight to business with serious interest already though. If the car I want to replace it with sells I will take this post down.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Ya man, would love to see more pictures, just to see more of the coolness of this car! Don't think a BAT replica like this car can be had for any less.

Just needs some Scheel or Mann seats for the ultimate replica!

floridabmx

Reaction score
So the question of the day is, what could possibly replace this car? Looks cool!

I have a 75 VW rabbit, and a 72 c10 taking my money at the moment, but theres a split window bus i got my eye on... but I also have a group 5 body kit and BC coilovers welded to spindles and a sweet set of group a e30 m3 BBS centerlocks with 19x15 935 shells laying here that im dying to get mounted on a e9. So if anyone has a roller e9 or a carcass or complete car that needs everything I would be interested in trading this car for it + cash on the other end.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Man you've been holding out on us this whole time....LOL. Car and everything.....I like back stories. What is the back story on the BAT replica? Did you do most of the work or buy it like that? How long was it in Cali and where did you find it? This is one of those cars that would be a total head turner and fun to drive on street. I live in the land of split windows. They are cool, very expensive to restore, even more so than a coupe usually (obviously depends on condition). For that kind of money though I'm sure you will find a nice one, but honesty, no hesitation at all, I would keep this car over practically ANY split window out there. I think you will really regret it! Keep it man, especially for that price. I'm going through the same dilemma right now with the Bav. I love the car, know it's special, know what I have into it, but people sell them too cheap it has ruined the market for them. You just don't get anything for them. At least you have a coupe and it will always be worth some money, especially looking like that! I've always been a sucker for a white coupe with Motorstripes. Just such an iconic look. Trade for the Bav +$25K? LOL..........and, cool on the 75 VW (PM me a pic of that) and c10 (and this), the c10 short beds are getting hard to find here for a decent price. And the 75 VW's are underappreciated, they can look super cool if done right and fun to drive. No smog year too.

3nsahalee

Site Donor
Reaction score
that's a great looking coupe!
FWIW, my vote is to keep this and finish work on the VW and the C10, then breathe & enjoy life for a bit with 3 awesome and unique rides.
-and keep hunting for that e9 carcass for when those two are done.

floridabmx

Reaction score
Man you've been holding out on us this whole time....LOL. Car and everything.....I like back stories. What is the back story on the BAT replica? Did you do most of the work or buy it like that? How long was it in Cali and where did you find it? This is one of those cars that would be a total head turner and fun to drive on street. I live in the land of split windows. They are cool, very expensive to restore, even more so than a coupe usually (obviously depends on condition). For that kind of money though I'm sure you will find a nice one, but honesty, no hesitation at all, I would keep this car over practically ANY split window out there. I think you will really regret it! Keep it man, especially for that price. I'm going through the same dilemma right now with the Bav. I love the car, know it's special, know what I have into it, but people sell them too cheap it has ruined the market for them. You just don't get anything for them. At least you have a coupe and it will always be worth some money, especially looking like that! I've always been a sucker for a white coupe with Motorstripes. Just such an iconic look. Trade for the Bav +$25K? LOL..........and, cool on the 75 VW (PM me a pic of that) and c10 (and this), the c10 short beds are getting hard to find here for a decent price. And the 75 VW's are underappreciated, they can look super cool if done right and fun to drive. No smog year too.

Appreciate all that man. I got the car almost immediately after selling my tan car, i guess you could say to fill a void. Its amazing cause the car is a 3.0, 72, and slicktop manual just like my tan car was. A buddy messaged me and said a gentleman is interested in selling his coupe. So i jumped on it. I sold the bumpers off and started gathering the batmobile stuff, as i wanted to take advantage of the chamonix. And here we are. It is a total hoot to drive around. There aint really many cars Ive regretted selling through out the years, I didnt get enough from my tan car but it is what it is. Not really too concerned with values, because I can do a lot with the money from this car, and get satisfaction from turning lemons into lemonade. I'm basically in daytona beach and theres a few splitties out here, but i dont know i never had one (that worked). Yeah the coupe is cool, but i really got into these cars after selling my 2002 about 6 years ago and i said theres no way a car that beautiful can be had for 5k-10k. And then as you know they just kept going up in value and being a broke 23 year old i bought and sold alot through the years since then. But to me now theyre just so expensive i think to myself man i could have me these volkswagens, and a 2002, and a truck for the price of this one car. So thats kinda where im at with it. Im an underdog and i like the underdog cars. Especially 70s economy haha.

Heres the 75. its getting a 16v and weber 45s. first year rabbit, really special car. mk1s got me into cars and i really dont care about any BMW when it comes to these little shit boxes. I daily drive a 1980 rabbit diesel when running around town (pictured with the tan car) and it puts a smile on my face more than anything.

The truck is a long bed, which i actually wanted more than a short bed, cause i needed a truck more than a hot rod truck. Its a ochre/white 72 which is exactly what i wanted. I feel kinda lame for doing it, but its getting a 5.3 ls and 4l60e. but i need something to jump in and move my stuff around with.

Sorry for the rant!

IMG-9187.jpg

59450415372-BAD8-CA78-626-C-44-EF-B8-CB-5-C0910-F9-BFA3.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-11-12-at-11-34-15-AM.png

Last edited:

floridabmx

Reaction score
that's a great looking coupe!
FWIW, my vote is to keep this and finish work on the VW and the C10, then breathe & enjoy life for a bit with 3 awesome and unique rides.
-and keep hunting for that e9 carcass for when those two are done.

that is a viable option. im on the fence. but the e9 is here if anyone wants it more than I.

floridabmx

Reaction score
That C10 would look awesome just restored to original.

Its gonna be staying the way it is. Definitely not going to paint it, fix the rust on the rockers, and wherever else may be needed. and gonna polish it out. Tires and suspension and wheels and caps will be original, and everything else outside for that matter. I redid the interior in saddle already. Id love to get a pic of the e9 on a trailer behind it, but not sure if that will ever happen. This trucks been a tun of fun, honestly. Maybe cause they sell everything brand new for them unlike the BMWs haha

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 11.54.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 11.54.20 AM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 163

Bejoe16

Reaction score
Appreciate all that man. I got the car almost immediately after selling my tan car, i guess you could say to fill a void. Its amazing cause the car is a 3.0, 72, and slicktop manual just like my tan car was. A buddy messaged me and said a gentleman is interested in selling his coupe. So i jumped on it. I sold the bumpers off and started gathering the batmobile stuff, as i wanted to take advantage of the chamonix. And here we are. It is a total hoot to drive around. There aint really many cars Ive regretted selling through out the years, I didnt get enough from my tan car but it is what it is. Not really too concerned with values, because I can do a lot with the money from this car, and get satisfaction from turning lemons into lemonade. I'm basically in daytona beach and theres a few splitties out here, but i dont know i never had one (that worked). Yeah the coupe is cool, but i really got into these cars after selling my 2002 about 6 years ago and i said theres no way a car that beautiful can be had for 5k-10k. And then as you know they just kept going up in value and being a broke 23 year old i bought and sold alot through the years since then. But to me now theyre just so expensive i think to myself man i could have me these volkswagens, and a 2002, and a truck for the price of this one car. So thats kinda where im at with it. Im an underdog and i like the underdog cars. Especially 70s economy haha.

Heres the 75. its getting a 16v and weber 45s. first year rabbit, really special car. mk1s got me into cars and i really dont care about any BMW when it comes to these little shit boxes. I daily drive a 1980 rabbit diesel when running around town (pictured with the tan car) and it puts a smile on my face more than anything.

The truck is a long bed, which i actually wanted more than a short bed, cause i needed a truck more than a hot rod truck. Its a ochre/white 72 which is exactly what i wanted. I feel kinda lame for doing it, but its getting a 5.3 ls and 4l60e. but i need something to jump in and move my stuff around with.

Sorry for the rant!

IMG-9187.jpg

59450415372-BAD8-CA78-626-C-44-EF-B8-CB-5-C0910-F9-BFA3.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-11-12-at-11-34-15-AM.png

I wonder who that buddy was.. [emoji12] anyway absolutely beautiful car and I wish I could have got it then and now. Glws or imo you should keep it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk