FS: 1973 3.0cs/Alpina Tribute

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction score
I wonder if Chic had'nt been chic if this listing would've got so many hits , when my car was up for sale everyone was nice (yep, even Chic) but there was only 4200ish hits, what are we on now 7300hits, I think Chic is good for business. :lol:
I know chic loves e-bay and thats ok, Ron I think you will sell the coupe to someone who will be a friend of a friend who is willing to get into a very nice coupe for slightly less than the asking price , thats what happened with mine and a few others I know of, we are a small and tight community on the west coast.

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey, PJ... good to see you're still here even after your coupe is on to it's next owner...This can only mean that you'll be a coupe owner again sometime soon. Bravo.

I don't check the "cars" for sale section too often, but apparently this "tribute car" thing is a pissing match that has been going on for some time. I had to laugh at most of it, - but I have to agree with Murray when it comes to being up front about who you are.

It's nice that "chicane" has an opinion about what he, or others should pay for any car, and it's likewise good that he has some support on the subject from others who think that it's important to protect unsuspecting buyers from overpriced non-factory restorations. But really, no one here actually needs protection from buying an overly expensive coupe. By definition, if you decide you want to, and can afford to, - overpay for the "Alpina" tribute car, you don't care about anything "chicane" has to say on the subject.

This forum seems to have developed an enthusiastic adult membership precisely because it is small enough and esoteric enough to fail to attract the kind of flaming sort that other, more recent bmw models do. Part of that adult character comes from the willingness of members to identify themselves beyond just their handle, not from the number of snippy, snarky retort posts one can tally up in fights over car prices or negative judgements of other members' cars, restorations or posts.

Murray is a known quantity in the real world. And I can testify to his qualities as gentleman, - even having only spent time with him in person on one occasion. And that is without regard to whether he personally would pay any particular sum for any particular car.

If you can't likewise identify yourself to the rest of the forum regarding who you are in the real world, then your comments, postings and opinions have no real currency here.

If you really are legitimate, if you really are willing to meet people face to face and don't care if they turn the other way when they hear your name, come clean about who, and where you are. Tell us your first name and what city or town you live in, - at minimum. Better still, who actually knows you in real life? When you actually step out of your current anonymous shadow, your perspective can get the respect it deserves. But, if you can't handle even that kind of simple, discreet disclosure, your opinions are worthless on this forum.

The great thing about this forum has always been its strong-minded, but respectful enthusiasts. Accent on the enthusiasm. Not negativism.

Arguing on the Intenet is like winning the special Olympics. Even when you win, you're still retarded.

chicane

Reaction score
Erik said:
Arguing on the Intenet is like winning the special Olympics. Even when you win, you're still retarded.

I 'm sure those with special needs children will appreciate your post sir.

CookeD

Reaction score
chicane said:
CookeD said:
Brilliant.

As are all of the liberal geniuses living in Rhode Island.

I see the troll now makes political statements....

Erik-- You share my sentiments exactly. There is no reason with a group this size that you should be afraid of being who you are.

Obviously, we have a small person here in chicane, with an empty life and very little control of said life, that feels the need to belittle others anonymously for fun and self-justification via a keyboard. Whatever... chicane has to deal with himself/herself on a daily basis, and I can turn my computer off anytime I want.

While his/her b.s. makes me both sad and laugh out loud at the same time, 540 inflammatory posts regarding nothing is quite possibly the lamest attempt at self-pacification that I've ever seen, but he/she is human, so I should expect no less.

John

RonP

Reaction score
Blumax, Would you buy the coupe for 100k? waiting for an answer. the people who posted the coupes are not enthusiast. He is a broker.

How do you become an "official" enthusiast? I have owned over 80 BMWs since 1979, worked for BMW from 1986 to 1995, have won 15 concours events, been in 6 magazines, serve as a judge at CCA concours events, and dedicate my time with other BMW owners helping them with their cars, both for mechanical and concours prep.

I currently own two coupes, a 1970 2800 CS that I am converting to a Group 5 car for the street, and a 1973 3.0 CSL #2275395.

I was forced to turn my hobby/passion for BMWs into a living when the mortgage business collapsed last year and have been quite successful in brokering high end BMWs for friends and clients.

As far as asking Murray if he would pay a hundred grand for this car, the answer is probably "no". But, to let you in on what happened prior to my listing here, I did phone him and ask him to evaluate the car. IIRC, his comment was that it may be a stretch to get that kind of money for a non-original car, but it was an impressive build.

Murray has single handedly brought up the supressed values of these wonderful cars by getting top dollar for extremely well preserved or restored coupes. He is a great ambassador for the marque and never ceases to amaze me.

I can remember going across town as a teenager just to cruise a parking lot that Murray's BMW M1 was parked in just to get a glimpse of it!

So, I am awaiting your answer as to how I become an enthusiast, and not just a "broker"???

CookeD

Reaction score
RonP, don't even waste your time. You're just placing more fodder out there for a super-troll like chicane to tear up.

chicane has an imaginary list of cars, and can't even list them with the correct colors. If anyone isn't an expert, it's him/her.

Say your peace, and maybe the moderator can lock this b.s. down...

RonP

Reaction score
RonP, don't even waste your time. You're just placing more fodder out there for a super-troll like chicane to tear up.

chicane has an imaginary list of cars, and can't even list them with the correct colors. If anyone isn't an expert, it's him/her.

Say your peace, and maybe the moderator can lock this b.s. down...

Agreed, and in case you hadn't noticed I have refused to respond to this ghost writer for quite some time. I learned long ago (but obviously forgot) to not feed the trolls. Fortunately, I did finally remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.