FS - Absolutely Destroyed 2800 Front and Rear Seats ....and more?

shootingforgold

Reaction score
So about a year ago I did The Dumb Thing that a lot of other people on here have probably done: I bought an old rusted out 2800 to fix up as a project car. Actually, 15-20 years ago it was someone else's project car: completely stripped down and put in to boxes and.... left out in the rain. For over a decade. And now it's mine. Yay!

Anyways, my future plans don't involve a lot of the old parts, so I'm going through and cataloging everything I have to get ready to sell it. But there's a lot of stuff like.... this:

HtCtFcb.jpeg

Now to me these are useless, as my plans don't involve the old interior at all. And considering the condition I was really just about to throw them in the dumpster. But it occurred to me that someone out there just might be crazy enough to want to take a stab at these. Maybe not to restore them, but at the very least to harvest the old hardware for use in some other seat. If that's you, then send me a message! The seats are currently located in Pomona California and would love to be a part of your collection.

More images here:
And like I said, there's a lot more junk where these came from. From what I can tell I purchased 90-95 percent of a complete e9, it's just in boxes. If you're looking for something specific give me the part number and if I have it I'll take some pictures and see what you think. Interior, drivetrain, suspension, the vast majority of parts won't make it back in to the new project so I'd be happy to help you find what you need. But be prepared for rust. 15 years worth of rust....

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Do those old seats have the metal trim ( L shaped) around the front corners of the bottom of the front seats?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Many members have sought out the aluminum seat back trim. Hinge parts and screws are in demand now and then. If the seat base springs are in real good shape, someone may want those (I may have a buyer6.

Definitely keep the fiberglass rear seat backs. They can be used to build CSL buckets.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
the tracks are worth some money too.

I know, storing seats are a PITA, but you can remove a lot of good parts on them that hopefully won't take up too much room.

The early 2800CS seats w/the low lever location is not worth quite as much since most folks want the upper lever types (more popular and correct for 3.0 models).

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
The bottom trim pieces are missing. Thanks for the pics.
I do see the 'hockey stick' shaped part under the seat, which i think was the part you are looking for, but it seems to be plastic.
it's the chromed white plastic part, sandwiched between the seat rail slider and the seat. At my mouse pointer you can see that a chip has broken off , revealing the white plastic underneath.

1675151522961.png

are these the parts you're looking for? (but then perhaps metal? )
1675152362403.png

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
They look there to me too. In 74 they switched to metal as the seat cushion is longer.

I didn’t even realize that early seats had these. I thought it was ‘74+. I think all have been missing on the 3 sets of early seats that I had/have. Probably because the seat rails hold them in place?

KARNUT1

Reaction score
So about a year ago I did The Dumb Thing that a lot of other people on here have probably done: I bought an old rusted out 2800 to fix up as a project car. Actually, 15-20 years ago it was someone else's project car: completely stripped down and put in to boxes and.... left out in the rain. For over a decade. And now it's mine. Yay!

Anyways, my future plans don't involve a lot of the old parts, so I'm going through and cataloging everything I have to get ready to sell it. But there's a lot of stuff like.... this:

HtCtFcb.jpeg

Now to me these are useless, as my plans don't involve the old interior at all. And considering the condition I was really just about to throw them in the dumpster. But it occurred to me that someone out there just might be crazy enough to want to take a stab at these. Maybe not to restore them, but at the very least to harvest the old hardware for use in some other seat. If that's you, then send me a message! The seats are currently located in Pomona California and would love to be a part of your collection.

More images here:
And like I said, there's a lot more junk where these came from. From what I can tell I purchased 90-95 percent of a complete e9, it's just in boxes. If you're looking for something specific give me the part number and if I have it I'll take some pictures and see what you think. Interior, drivetrain, suspension, the vast majority of parts won't make it back in to the new project so I'd be happy to help you find what you need. But be prepared for rust. 15 years worth of rust....

HtCtFcb.jpeg

More images here: