FS and WTB: Blue Binder Factory Manuals

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I need a factory blue binder manual for the 74 and later E9's.
I have two blue binders, editions 1971 and 1972.
Both are in what I'd call nearly mint condition (no missing pages, no grease/tears, nobody wrote all over them with a pen).

The 1971 set is in a single binder and the 1972 set is in 2 binders.

Anyone have a later manual that they'd trade for one of my earlier editions?

Attachments

• front_cover.jpg
    front_cover.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 80
  • index.jpg
    index.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 87
  • brake_chapter.jpg
    brake_chapter.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
They are the same just another binder

You mean the '74 and newer manuals are the same and there are no updates for the newer wiring and emissions? I seriously doubt that is the case. Perhaps you mean the 1 versus 2 binders is the same other than an extra binder. That I know, but I wanted to represent what I have to trade clearly to anyone who has the later manual.

Now that I think about it, does anyone know if the 74 and newer was just a set of updates or was the whole manual updated?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The single volume early binder does not contain items added to the later two volume binder such as the ZF trans vs. Getrag trans. The March 75 update has the 74 wiring diagrams. There was a final update in Jan 76, so no, the one and two volume binders are not the same.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The single volume early binder does not contain items added to the later two volume binder such as the ZF trans vs. Getrag trans. The March 75 update has the 74 wiring diagrams. There was a final update in Jan 76, so no, the one and two volume binders are not the same.
there is also another difference between the 71 and 72 version ... the disc brakes of the 3.0cs. wasn't the earliest single binder 2800cs / 2800 e3 only? the 72 version also had csi fuel injection.