FS: Bat at the Werk Shop

ablank135

Site Donor
Reaction score
NMNA, etc., etc.

Just stopped in to see progress on my CSi, and couldn't help but see this in the front window. It's only been there a week or so, from a local seller who's a longtime customer of the shop. Don Dethlefsen shared a bit of its history with me. Sorry, but in my haste, I didn't grab the VIN or do much of an under-hood eyeball or take more than crummy phone photos, but it is gorgeous. Bring a Trailer (of Money). I have Don's contact info if anyone wants to kick the tires. Or just hit thewerkshop.com

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

RonP

Reaction score
Is that really a Bat? I would be interested to see a serial number. Has all the trimmings of a series one Bat, but they didn't make them in Golf. If it was a series two Bat, it would have the third strike in the center of the wing. Just curious.

wsk

Reaction score
Most likely not a Bat, with a GRP rear bumper. Nice looking though!

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
NMNA, etc., etc.

Just stopped in to see progress on my CSi, and couldn't help but see this in the front window. It's only been there a week or so, from a local seller who's a longtime customer of the shop. Don Dethlefsen shared a bit of its history with me. Sorry, but in my haste, I didn't grab the VIN or do much of an under-hood eyeball or take more than crummy phone photos, but it is gorgeous. Bring a Trailer (of Money). I have Don's contact info if anyone wants to kick the tires. Or just hit thewerkshop.com

I think it is not a Bat, I think it is your car. Don decided to surprise you with some other improvements you did not ask :).

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Spoke with Don. Car is a true BAT, series 2. The asking price was 200k and the car sold a few hours ago. To New Jersey.

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
What do you think they should go Ron? I always use the 2.7rs as a benchmark and feel they shouldn't achieve such a premium.

RonP

Reaction score
I use Rahal's Bat as a benchmark and feel his car is worth every bit of $250k. If you follow M1 sales, they were pretty stagnant for years, and now they are $225-230k for a good one. The Bats are increasing at an even better pace.

CSL 1973

Reaction score
I would be bold and say that we will see top CSLs with asking prices between 350-400k euro within the next five years.

As regards the Golf Bat, it's a series II Bat. From factory, there were only three of the 57 ones in Golf. One has recently been resprayed to Schwarz. I'm not sure if this one was Golf from factory. Something, tells me that it might have been Polaris. But, I'm not sure about this.

However, I think all three Golf (from factory) were pretty early ones in the 4355xxx VIN range.

Cheers
Henric

Last edited:

RonP

Reaction score
I would be bold and say that we will see top CSLs with asking prices between 350-400k euro within five years.

As regards the Golf Bat, it's a series II Bat. From factory, there were only three of the 57 ones in Golf. One has recently been repainted to Schwarz. I'm not sure if this one was Golf from factory. Something, tells me that it might have been Polaris. But, I'm not sure about this.

However, I think all three Golf (from factory) were pretty early in the 4355xxx VIN range.

Cheers
Henric

I 100% agree.

Duck360198

Reaction score
Crazy....this car was being stored at Fall Line Motorsports back around Christmas time in 2009 when I was purchasing my 2005 M3. I had always heard of the Bat but never saw one in person. The car was flawless....but in my naivety, never got the VIN.