FS: brass overflow tank *SOLD*

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Is the red one restored? It has rubber on the fender seams and the sound pads don’t look correct but hard to tell on my phone.

Oddly enough, both of them have the rubber on the fender seams..... and both have the same decal arrangements and the same tar mats design..... not that it is any guarantee.
I’ll write Christoph.....

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
What’s the chance that the last cars in 75’s had the plastic tanks? Here’s 2 pics of original cars, the Green one is Christoph’s and the two plastic tanks have the same age/ color. The red car is ‘apparently’ unrestored too.
I can ofcourse ask him to confirm.....

View attachment 77931
View attachment 77932

Sad these owners don't care enough to clean up and restore their cars. :rolleyes:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sad these owners don't care enough to clean up and restore their cars. :rolleyes:
To my eyes there is a significant difference between the two tanks. The plastic tank has "channels" and "knob" on top, and the hose runs out of the top of the tank. The metal tank has a smoother, cleaner surface and the hose runs off the side. The metal tank's less busy design seems to lend itself to the label. And we have the black on black colors.

That said, I am wondering how the label will look on my paintless brass tank. Calling Carl Nelson.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Keshav has done some research and heard back form Christoph who says the facelift 74/75 coupes got the synthetic tank. Both pics are carbed coupes and the synthetic tank uses a different hose to the intake manifold, and either tank and hose combo can be used on a carbed coupe. But the CSi uses a longer hose in only one size, therefore I submit to the group that the CSi kept the metal tank until the end.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Dave, I just added 3 nice shots of a near perfect brass overflow tank in Media/ cooling system
Carl put a label in the mail to me. I will try and post a photo of my unpainted brass tank with label. Steve

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Carl put a label in the mail to me. I will try and post a photo of my unpainted brass tank with label. Steve

Oh good I didn’t buy all of them. :D Actually this is my second order. My first set was redirected to Jackson MS due to identity theft and an address change that I didn’t submit. Carl sent me another round on the house. Good man - great vendor!
5421AE9E-B293-426D-BF98-B854CE7A9567.jpeg