FS: Complete AC retrofit

maxxfish

Site Donor
Reaction score
Selling the complete air conditioning system from my 1974 CS. $1750 plus shipping from Richmond Virginia, plus your side console panels as cores. Please let me know if I am missing anything in the pics, I definitely have the whole system but may have missed some things. And I can included a nicely restored radiator with AC sensor and bung if you'd like.

http://s116.photobucket.com/user/maxxfish/library/1974 CS AC Retrofit

Last edited:

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I feel foolish saying this but isn't that an alternator/power steering bracket shown with the AC compressor?

maxxfish

Site Donor
Reaction score
Oops, sorry about that, the engine came to me disassembled in boxes, grabbed the wrong bracket. I'll get a pic of the proper AC bracket and add it to the album.

maxxfish

Site Donor
Reaction score
If this doesn't sell as a package in the next week, I'll start parting it out...let me know what you need. Thanks, Max

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Re: AC retrofit

I'm interested in your A/C setup. I've got a 1970 2800cs in Texas that does not have any A/C, though I do have a set of control switches and the mounting panel for them.
I don't see any ductwork in the photos, how does the cold air get to the dash vents? This is setup for R12? How difficult to convert to R134a?

Ian

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A/C air only comes out the center console vent. The compressor will need to be flushed and then lubed with the oil for either R-12 or 134. Best to use o-ring fittings if going with 134 which is what I did since you will need to make hoses anyway.

jamesw

Reaction score
If you're in TX you should get this! If you need R12 drop me a line - I have a bunch of cans and I'm in Houston.

I got a massive cross-flow condenser w/ a massive electric fan. My car actually runs cooler with the A/C compressor and e-fan going :)

Cheers
James

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I got a massive cross-flow condenser w/ a massive electric fan. My car actually runs cooler with the A/C compressor and e-fan going :)

Cheers
James
so James,
what did you buy + where from ... interested in knowing about the fan, and whether you got the same condenser that Stevehose recommended

thanks
scott

jamesw

Reaction score
I ended up buying everything on Steve's list including an R12 compressor from the "Ebay guy" here in TX.

I took it all to Sergio at BMS here in Houston and he binned most of it and got an R134 kit that he likes and has put into a lot of coupes. So unfortunately I don't have a lot of the part numbers. I'll get some photos and post here. He insulates all the hoses and lines and put in two new switches in the console that look great.

On the drive to work in the morning I am actually cold...

James

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think I have the same condenser, 16x21 or so, that Steve has with a Spal fan. With 134 I have to keep the temp switch down, it's definitely cold!

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i've bought a couple of things from Max (who has the AC system for sale) and seen his car/parts. He describes them very accurately, and is a great guy to do business with. IF I didn't already have AC in my car and wanted it, I'd have put his AC parts in my 'road car' when I was there yesterday!!

He is going to have a fascinating car when he gets it finished.

FrankRohrer

Reaction score
Selling the complete air conditioning system from my 1974 CS. $1750 plus shipping from Richmond Virginia, plus your side console panels as cores. Please let me know if I am missing anything in the pics, I definitely have the whole system but may have missed some things. And I can included a nicely restored radiator with AC sensor and bung if you'd like.

http://s116.photobucket.com/user/maxxfish/library/1974 CS AC Retrofit

I was wondering if this is still for sale?

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I was wondering if this is still for sale?

Frank - no. Max sold the body and engine, then a handful of other things, and then decided to give away the remainder of his stuff on the condition that whoever took it had to take everything. Some lunatic here took his entire stash but the a/c stuff was gone by then. (Ask me how I know)