FS hood rubber seal

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
These have been available, a friend purchased them a year ago, maybe less. What the pic doesn't show is where they go and why it lists 2 needed.

They go in the corners of the hood opening near each A pillar, wedged under the larger rubber seal that seals the air plenum area. Must have been a last minute fix by BMW to keep water from entering there. Few coupes still have them, they probably slid out and were thrown away or crumbled over the years. I made a pair from generic rubber.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
These have been available, a friend purchased them a year ago, maybe less. What the pic doesn't show is where they go and why it lists 2 needed.

They go in the corners of the hood opening near each A pillar, wedged under the larger rubber seal that seals the air plenum area. Must have been a last minute fix by BMW to keep water from entering there. Few coupes still have them, they probably slid out and were thrown away or crumbled over the years. I made a pair from generic rubber.

thanks for this info
regards

bmw art car

Reaction score
If they are so much cheaper then I'll retract my sale.
I was going to delete the thread , but I think it will be helpful to others as to where to find that particular part :)

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I got some from Germany, and they required some trimming on the insert side so that the ends overlap the metal and the bottoms fit in the space on the fender.

D-jetronic

Reaction score
how it looks like...

Not sure of a "last minute solution", as "sound insulation" on the inner fender of my E9, was cut originally at this place (curve of fender). That is how I realized there was something missing...

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg