FS: NOS elephant skin cover utmost right rear wheel arch

TomHom

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi,
seems to be elephant skin day today?
20240915_182942.jpg
Three pieces available, 45€ each plus shipping from Germany.
Thomas

Please be aware that all spacers are not created equal! This photo shows 5 spacers. What 3 are for sale? The third one from the left is for the right side of the trunk. The flat part is wider at the top than at the bottom. That fits the contour of the wheel well to the fender on the right side. The measurement from the top edge that tucks under the white liner to the folded edge should be about 4 1/4" to fit in the E9 trunk. I have 3 of these spacers that measure 5" for the right side of the trunk. I'm pretty sure they are for the E3 because they do not fit in my E9 trunk.
Note that all E9's had the spacer on the left side. The Euro E9's had the spacer on the right side also. The USA E9's have a bracket for the vapor canister on the right side. The spacer that fits under the canister is only about 7" long. The USA E3's also have a vapor canister on the right side mounted higher than the E9 bracket.
Getting back to the photo above, the 4th spacer from the left is inside out. The spacer to the right is for the right side and is the matching color of most elephant skin material.
I cut the vapor canister bracket out of my trunk since the plastic line is unnecessary going to the Weber carbs. Here are pics of the right side of my trunk with the correct spacer installed. I'm still looking for the correct left-side spacer.

Attachments

• IMG_4395.jpg
    IMG_4395.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7833.jpg
    IMG_7833.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_7834.jpg
    IMG_7834.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7835.jpg
    IMG_7835.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7838.jpg
    IMG_7838.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 23
Hi Drew,
so I got you puzzled?
In fact these are all the same, all for the left side:20240916_080202.jpg
Thomas

Hi Drew,
so I got you puzzled?
In fact these are all the same, all for the left side:View attachment 189716
Thomas
Thomas, The wide part goes to the top. The narrow part goes to the bottom. These are for the right side. Measure the width from the right crease to the folded edge on the left per my photo. If it is 4" (10.3 mm), the spacer is too wide to fit the E9 and is probably for the E3.
Better yet, take the spacer and try to fit it into the E9 trunk. The ones I have will not fit in my coupe.

Attachments

• IMG_8037.jpg
    IMG_8037.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 20
"The measurement from the top edge that tucks under the white liner to the folded edge should be about 4 1/4" to fit in the E9 trunk"
Sorry then but ones I found must be for a NK or something else then.
I measured short of 3 1/2" between central fold and top of curved side (press on trim) so I ditched them.
1726509224888.png

"The measurement from the top edge that tucks under the white liner to the folded edge should be about 4 1/4" to fit in the E9 trunk"
Sorry then but ones I found must be for a NK or something else then.
I measured short of 3 1/2" between central fold and top of curved side (press on trim) so I ditched them.
View attachment 189726
Carlos--Unditch them!! You made the wrong measurement! Look at my photo. Take a measurement 90 degrees from your photo. The critical measurement is from the white liner to the fender. Measure from the central fold to the other direction where the spacer folds against the fender inner wall.

I didn't go by your photo at all since you were showing the "wrong" e3 part. I went by your written description, and thus measured "from the top edge that tucks under the white liner to the folded edge" which you then stated "should be about 4 1/4" to fit in the E9 trunk" (vs. 5" for the e3)

Thomas, The wide part goes to the top. The narrow part goes to the bottom. These are for the right side. Measure the width from the right crease to the folded edge on the left per my photo. If it is 4" (10.3 mm), the spacer is too wide to fit the E9 and is probably for the E3.
Better yet, take the spacer and try to fit it into the E9 trunk. The ones I have will not fit in my coupe.
Hi Drew, you are right! Thanks so much!

Back