FS original fire extinguisher

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
FS original fire extinguisher SOLD

Extreme eye candy here. To me, this is the holy grail. Rarer then red handled screwdrivers. I looked for 5 years and then 2 popped up. One for my 635 and this one.As can be seen in the picture, there are scratches etc on the extinguisher body. It appears to still be charged, has the BMW logo and the seat mount bracket as well.
$175 shipped
SOLD

Attachments

• Fire extinguisher 1.jpg
    Fire extinguisher 1.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

bimmerboy73

Reaction score
Extreme eye candy here. To me, this is the holy grail. Rarer then red handled screwdrivers. I looked for 5 years and then 2 popped up. One for my 635 and this one.As can be seen in the picture, there are scratches etc on the extinguisher body. It appears to still be charged, has the BMW logo and the seat mount bracket as well.
$175 shipped

i'll take it.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Fire Extinguisher

Hi Guys;
What years and models of BMWs were the Fire Extinguishers offered as an option?
Koopman

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
For fun I scanned RealOEM for e12, e24 and e28 and didn't see these. Most likely just sold by the dealer at some point for any BMW? Or Euro only?

Edit: found one in euro M635CSi

Last edited:

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
All euros have to have a first aid kit and fire extinguisher. They are rough to ship and I finally found that UPS will do them by ground.

This one was in the US. The one for my car was sent to me from Europe.

As I said, they are the True Grail

bimmerboy73

Reaction score
All euros have to have a first aid kit and fire extinguisher. They are rough to ship and I finally found that UPS will do them by ground.

This one was in the US. The one for my car was sent to me from Europe.

As I said, they are the True Grail

yup. my e28 also has the first aid kit in a leather pillow that rests on the rear seat.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That is cool!

I am so cheap though that I put a 3 dollar Old Spice deodorant where the fire extinguisher goes. I may draw a roundel on it with a sharpie. I tend to smell bad more often than my car catches fire.

bimmerboy73

Reaction score
Your E 28 should have a first aid kit in a black plastic box. On the front is a green square with a white cross in the middle. It is also BMW logo’d

have 2 boxes, 1 black and one green (the green one isnt original to the car). both with the crosses you describe but also have the pillow with first aid equipment on the inside - accessed via a zipper.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It is shown in RealOEM but don't know if still available. Besides, BMW won't sell euro parts to US customers, what a shame.

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
I researched this for a long time as I was trying to find one. The only thing I found still available is the bracket that goes to the seat itself. My understanding about euro parts from the dealer is, they should be available here except for any DOT items. Depends on your parts guy from what I have concluded. Most of them are too lazy to figure it out.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
1985 Mercedes first aid kit.

Speaking of First Aid Kits I just purchased a First Aid Kit from a 1985 Mercedes full size Coupe. I never saw the car but I knew the person who owned it before I met him. Also with the kit I bought 4 Mercedes 14 inch alloy wheels with Blitzak tires size 205-70-14. Maybe 25% worn. These item are for sale if anyone needs them.
Thanks
Koopman