FS: Repro (Metal) Sun Visor Pivot Mounts

Frankie123

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve done a little research into getting these mounts made from milled aluminium. (Original part pictured below)
It is still in the planning stage and the current figure for a pair in smooth, unfinished aluminium is around $140USD which may decrease depending on volume.
These would be supplied unpainted so as to be finished to your taste and standard.
I am told that the aluminium being used to make them would best be suited to an anodised finish rather than powder coating.
If there is enough interest to get them made turn around would be some time in the early new year.
Let’s see where this goes...

Attachments

• 36AD80BC-E498-438F-BFB3-8FC893D962B2.jpeg
    36AD80BC-E498-438F-BFB3-8FC893D962B2.jpeg
    151.7 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
I keep thinking about casting some in brass, getting my kid to do it, but I need to find a place that does 3D printing in wax suitable for lost wax casting
Anyone know of a good source?

Frankie123

Site Donor
Reaction score
Update on this, it is still progressing...
I am trying to come up with a solution to make these more affordable so am waiting on a response from the manufacturer.
Quantity is going to be the key to bringing down price so I will hopefully get a response from him by the end of the week regarding this and update everyone one where we are at.

Frankie123

Site Donor
Reaction score
Update
I have received some feedback regarding the production of the pivot mounts.
Production run required is minimum 25 sets to make this viable.
Price will be $130USD / €115 for a set in aluminium.
The option is available to be made in brass however there is a $5/€5 increase in price per set if we go down this path.
If there is enough interest to proceed then those ordering will vote to decide if we move forward producing in aluminium or brass and majority would rule.
As things stand there has been around 8 sets of interest, so there is still more interest required to get this moving at this price point.
If those who have shown previous interest could reconfirm if they are still interested it would be appreciated.

Thanks

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm in for a set. My vote would be brass, but am in for whatever the consensus is. Thanks for putting this together!