FS: Reproduction Tail Light Lenses

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
gotta love the red turn signal lenses. anyone with a 2000cs or early 2800cs would be smart to have a set. also amazing for certain color cars (that aren't perfect original cars) where the red / amber jumps off of the paint color and the red / red just looks great. for instance black coupes or white coupes i also prefer it on dark blue coupes.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Aug 27th update
I have one set of lenses with RED turn indicators on hand and
SEVEN sets with amber turn indicators arriving next week
PM with your mailing address if you want any
I accept PayPal or paper check.
I can bring a set to Vintage in Saratoga and LOTA on Hilton Head

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
lenses arrived well thank you stan
to bring some feedback with photos, i checked the lenses against frames

hope this helps,
Most folks here admire your skills as a craftsman, and your attention to detail, and your ability to document what and how you execute various projects...Have you yet done any trials or installed any of the lenses? I am mostly curious what method you are using and the finished result. Thanks. Might have to be a separate thread, so we don't step on Stan's thread. (Happy Birthday again Stan!)

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
For a while it seemed as though I couldn't get them made fast enough.
I think the demand has been satisfied.
I still have one set with red lenses and another 3 sets.
I can bring set to LOTA in November
$375.00 includes shipping to CONUS

Last edited:

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Most folks here admire your skills as a craftsman, and your attention to detail, and your ability to document what and how you execute various projects...Have you yet done any trials or installed any of the lenses? I am mostly curious what method you are using and the finished result. Thanks. Might have to be a separate thread, so we don't step on Stan's thread. (Happy Birthday again Stan!)

certainly, such a titanic job, to @Stan the highest recognition
just waiting for the frames to arrive from rechroming
so we can discuss how to glue the lenses and see how it turns out

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
UPDATE 10/30/21

I still have one set with red lenses
3 sets with conventional lenses.
1 set with amber (french) backup lenses
I can bring set to LOTA in November
$375.00 includes shipping to CONUS

E9inus Maximus

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I am re-starting this thread to avoid confusion.
It really should have been here for a year at least :confused:

I can get lenses with red or amber turn signal indicators
I can get lenses with clear or amber (French style ooo la la) brake lights
I send installation instructions
This does NOT include frames or bulb housing

Based on my experience with the guy making them, you are a year away. These lenses are very difficult to form properly and all the work is done by hand. Frankly I am amazed he charges so little. The bottom line is I get about 10 sets of lenses every 6 months or so. I can put you on the list. There are 80 on the list but I have sold to about 30 so far.

The manufacturer (craftsman?) informed me of a price increase on the next batch so they will be about $315.oo for a full set (six pieces) plus delivery which in the continental USA has been about $15.00. So far I haven't needed to buy boxes or packing material.

Reproduction lenses in re-chromed frames
photo-jpg.33188
Hi, please add me to your ever growing list for these if you can. Happy to provide you with all my info. Best, Dan

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Based on my experience with the guy making them, you are a year away. These lenses are very difficult to form properly and all the work is done by hand. Frankly I am amazed he charges so little. The bottom line is I get about 10 sets of lenses every 6 months or so. I can put you on the list. There are 80 on the list but I have sold to about 30 so far.

The manufacturer (craftsman?) informed me of a price increase on the next batch so they will be about $315.oo for a full set (six pieces) plus delivery which in the continental USA has been about $15.00. So far I haven't needed to buy boxes or packing material.

photo-jpg.33188
Hello, all I can say wow it is one of the kind very nice even the color of lens is perfect ho much you will sale a set of this beautiful lens mine got to old and have crack I restore one of my E9 and it is look bad when brand new paint and old lens makes it look very bad, if you will sale a set please let me know you can email me ( [email protected] )

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Eight sets are on their way to me from Oz.
Those of you who have contacted me wanting a set, please put your checks in the mail.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

photo-jpg.33188
Hello, it is very nice reproduction light I thing it is the best one price is good I probably will buy a set but what about the chrome part I am talking about chrome frame or how do we replace please more explanation you show in the picture all together and it is 2 pieces

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello, it is very nice reproduction light I thing it is the best one price is good I probably will buy a set but what about the chrome part I am talking about chrome frame or how do we replace please more explanation you show in the picture all together and it is 2 pieces
I am sure some of the California guys can chime in on where to get the frames rechromed. @HB Chris or @OCCoupe
There are 3 separate lenses and they are removed with a hot knife (electric), a Dremel tool or a hammer.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
FEBRUARY 28th UPDATE

I have 4 complete sets ready to go.
One of which has red turn indicators,
The price of postage has increased so... $380.00 per set

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score