FS Robert? Heat/Vent German Pls contact

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Robert, zip93901 the German heater/vent panel is still available. Too expen$ive to ship to Spain.
Contact me at [email protected] Steve 215.620.7687
Hi O'neills;
Just wondering if you have ever had anything to do with this Aearch fellow. He asked me to find him a relay holder which is part of the body of the car and if you are lucky enough to find one it has to be cut off the inner fender. Well as luck has it I found one and the seller was willing to cut it off for me for $25 plus shipping.
I sent a photo to Aearch and he replied asking for the price. I told him $40 including shipping. He answered back "way too much" so I asked him what number he had in mind and he said $15. I came back with a couter offer and he never replied. I just sent the piece out to him with a note to make a donation of $15 to the forum in my name.
Do you think I was off on the price?
I don't think you could get one for $50.Oh well!
Have a great weekend.
Harry

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Any piece of sheetmetal is worth at least $40. I sold my CSI airbox bracket to a local member for $40 and I think it was a very great deal. It's not like there is an abundance of parts cars to hack into, and 4.5" angle grinder disks aren't free.

I think you and your buyer had a communication breakdown. I beleive he was looking for the plastic sockets with the wire pigtail. $15 seems fair for those. Regardless, arrive at a price ahead of time. Any other model is a recipe for disappointment.

I've had committed buyers back down from transactions that I was banking on, and I have worked with buyers on parts then decide to keep them for myself. Those scenarios are also disappointing for the seller or the buyer. Time was wasted but money never changed hands. It's a different animal if you are buying parts with the expectation that a transaction will take place.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
More than fair and didn't deserve to be chiseled.

More than fair and didn't deserve to be chiseled.
I second all the comments above. I don't remember ever hearing from Robert. I feel you should have held on to the part. Someone will need one and be willing to pay a fair price. The potential buyer of the German Heater/Vent box wanted me to lower the price based on the cost of international shipping charges. I held at my price which was, I felt, more than fair. Steve