Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You might find one here:
Hal all your stuff looks amazing!

halboyles

Site Donor
Reaction score
All of the aftermarket side draft linkages are generic and have to be pieced together like an erector set for each application. The weakest points are the multiple levers that are clamped onto the main transverse rod. Three of these levers are used to synchronize the triple side drafts and each must be set precisely so that all butterflies open simultaneously. Because they are merely clamped onto the main rod, they will eventually rotate causing the system to lose synchronicity. This is why those linkages are so hard to tune and keep in tune.

In contrast, our linkage system is based on the original 2002ti side draft system where all of the synchronization is done on the carburetor's balance levers, NOT on the linkage itself. No part of the main transverse rod requires or can be adjusted. The only adjustments to be made are the balance levers on the carbs. And our system is designed specifically for the M30 with bell crank. It includes everything needed from the bell crank to the carb's throttle shafts. No need to fabricate or create new parts.

A solid rod system is more responsive and easier to adjust than a cable system. But because our linkage system is designed specifically for the M30, it is even easier to install, synchronize and maintain.

Here are a few pics and a link to a video of the linkage system in action: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/137JAfQHpW7nWl47-GUcfpcYd9lu-EGjj?usp=share_link

M30 Side View.png
M30 Top View 2.png
Individual Parts CS Side Draft Linkage.jpg

Attachments

• Installation Tips for M30 DCOE kit .pdf
    435 KB · Views: 58

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
@halboyles,

I copied your posts from @Candia4441’s thread to avoid a thread hi jack. Your comments are still there but I have questions and hope to keep this going without disrupting the reveal of Candia’s projects. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

It looks this system mounts to the manifold studs that made with the carbs. The rear bridge looks like it has play designed in, but the front does not. Have you tested this system on different manifolds? I suspect it won’t work on a VGS manifold, which is fortunately quite rare (@Stevehose). I have a one piece Korman manifold that I quite like. Unlike the VGS manifold the carbs are evenly spaced. In a few weeks I can get some measurements or send you the manifold.

Definitely want this setup!

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@halboyles,

I copied your posts from @Candia4441’s thread to avoid a thread hi jack. Your comments are still there but I have questions and hope to keep this going without disrupting the reveal of Candia’s projects. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

It looks this system mounts to the manifold studs that made with the carbs. The rear bridge looks like it has play designed in, but the front does not. Have you tested this system on different manifolds? I suspect it won’t work on a VGS manifold, which is fortunately quite rare (@Stevehose). I have a one piece Korman manifold that I quite like. Unlike the VGS manifold the carbs are evenly spaced. In a few weeks I can get some measurements or send you the manifold.

Definitely want this setup!
Yes I had to cobble various linkage bits together and customize them in order to accomdate the irregular spacing of the carbs. Hal's kit here is HOT lol.

halboyles

Site Donor
Reaction score
In a few weeks I can get some measurements
Thank you Markos for creating this dedicated post on our linkage solution for the M30. It took us over six months of design and prototyping to create a linkage that looked OEM like the 2002 ti version and still retained the robustness, and ease of installation and maintenance of that original. And it is also much shinier!!
An interesting fact about 99% of the side draft carburetors made during our vintage cars era is that they all had the same symmetrical mounting holes for the carb to manifold mating: Solex, Solex ADDHE. Solex Mikuni, Dellorto, Weber, ..... And, because the throttle lever (front carb) must interface with the balance lever (rear carb) the distance between the carb mounting studs has to be very close for all manifolds. I've never test fitted DCOEs to a VGS manifold but I can't see how it could be that much different unless the throttle/balance levers are greatly modified.
So, when you get a chance, if you could just measure the distance between the mounting studs for the 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 carbs, that will tell the story. I have test fitted the M10 version of our Ultimate Side Draft Linkage System on Korman, IE, Warnerford, Cannon, KarznPartz, OEM (both NK and 2002 ti), .... and, again due to the predicated geometry, fitment is no issue.
Here are some pics and a link to our M10 version for comparison:

Ultimate System Mounted.png

Attachments

• Installation Tips for Universal DCOE kit-2105 .pdf
    360 KB · Views: 49

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Markos - when I saw this linkage posted in the other thread, mounting points was the first thing I looked at. It appeared to me that this setup will work with the Korman manifold which is what I have.

halboyles

Site Donor
Reaction score
The rear bridge looks like it has play designed in, but the front does not
I designed the rear bridge to have some adjustment as the center transverse rod's ball sockets click into the balls on the bridges. The center rod's front ball socket is pushed into the front bridge ball and the rear apparatus is then adjusted into place.