Fuel Cap Holder Order Thread

x_atlas0

Reaction score
Howdy, everyone.

As previously mentioned here I've been working on creating a gas cap holder for our cars. @adawil2002 has helped me improve the design, so it works with both locking and standard gas caps. You can see his review thread here. I have tried this only on coupes, but if someone with a Bav wants to try it out, I'll send over a unit for verification purposes.

Price per unit is $20.00 USD, not including shipping.

Realized I forgot to include payment info! Please paypal me at [email protected].

So, anyone that wants one, please post here or send me a PM.

After people get them, please post up pictures and/or feedback on this thread, I want to make fellow coupe owners happy with this!

Last edited:

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
... if someone with a Bav wants to try it out, I'll send over a unit for verification purposes.
I might be missing something, but I'm not seeing how it would work on an E3

There doesn't appear to be enough room between the pull down door and the body for the cap holder...

IMG_8785.JPG

I put a rag around the cap and use it to hold open the spring loaded door when I fuel...

IMG_8787.JPG

If there is a way to make the cap holder work on an E3 I'll give it a try for you.

In any case, I'd like to see how other E3 owners fuel.

Howard

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Howdy, everyone.

As previously mentioned here I've been working on creating a gas cap holder for our cars. @adawil2002 has helped me improve the design, so it works with both locking and standard gas caps. You can see his review thread here. I have tried this only on coupes, but if someone with a Bav wants to try it out, I'll send over a unit for verification purposes.

Price per unit is $20.00 USD, not including shipping.

So, anyone that wants one, please post here or send me a PM.

After people get them, please post up pictures and/or feedback on this thread, I want to make fellow coupe owners happy with this!
Thank you. I would like to order one as well...

x_atlas0

Reaction score
I might be missing something, but I'm not seeing how it would work on an E3

There doesn't appear to be enough room between the pull down door and the body for the cap holder...

View attachment 152447

I put a rag around the cap and use it to hold open the spring loaded door when I fuel...

View attachment 152448

If there is a way to make the cap holder work on an E3 I'll give it a try for you.

In any case, I'd like to see how other E3 owners fuel.

Yep, that looks wildly different. My apologies, I thought the E3 used a side filler just like the E9, rather than a plate filler, it's not something I've ever looked at before. I'm not sure what I could make to hold the cap that wouldn't interfere with the cap, neck and other bits while closed. I think I'd need to get access to a Bav to work it out.

x_atlas0

Reaction score
I have produced 5 so far, I plan to start shipping them soon. I will be away during the week for the next few weeks, so please let me know if something is time critical for this so I can ship it ASAP.

Ulrich 3.0 CSA

Reaction score
Hello all
Mounted the cab holder today
Nice part
Thanks Matt

Attachments

• B1329CF8-2323-4CDC-A366-EBD90BC6F702.jpeg
    B1329CF8-2323-4CDC-A366-EBD90BC6F702.jpeg
    231.5 KB · Views: 153
  • 4A230CAB-2137-43FE-A99F-B46EAB3EB917.jpeg
    4A230CAB-2137-43FE-A99F-B46EAB3EB917.jpeg
    256.1 KB · Views: 141
  • 79EA4834-0AA7-4CB1-B614-9B4434BBED9A.jpeg
    79EA4834-0AA7-4CB1-B614-9B4434BBED9A.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 148

x_atlas0

Reaction score
I would like to order one. Please advise.

Howdy, Howard! Please send me a PM with your name and address, I'll add you in the order pool.

Thanks, Ulrich, for the pics and feedback! I also greatly appreciate you working with me on the modification you made, I have updated the part going forward for everyone.

I'm home for the next few weeks, so I plan to get these out ASAP.

x_atlas0

Reaction score
how does it attach?
I can't visualize
Stan-

To install, you clip it on the fuel door hinge near the fuel filler neck, then slide it on the hinge towards the door. The middle spar that's perpendicular to the hinge face is captured on both sides by the structure of the piece, holding it in place. I drove around with it in my coupe on Detroit roads for ~3 weeks and it didn't fall off or move, so I haven't explored making other attachment methods. I did give it a good push towards the door, though, so it dug slightly into the paint. The fillets at the end of the hinge meeting the fuel door inner face also flare out the plastic slightly, holding it in place via friction. I didn't want to require any drilling or other permanent changes to the car, so that's why it's minimally attached.

x_atlas0

Reaction score
Quick update, the 1st batch with Ulrich's changes implemented were shipped today. I PMd everyone their tracking information. I am working on the next batch now.

x_atlas0

Reaction score
Next batch is ready, but the Post Office was closed today. I'll try to get them out ASAP.

I'll order some more filament then I'll be ready for additional orders, so if anyone wants one, please PM or post here.

TodB

Reaction score
Another satisfied customer! Pay no attention to the filthy gas cap.

Attachments

• IMG_0651.jpg
    IMG_0651.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0650.jpg
    IMG_0650.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 88