Fuel tank supply & vent routing reference pics

SME9

Reaction score
I'm just putting my 74 CS back together after a major tear down (not by me), and I'm missing the fuel supply hose (one from the tank to the hard line) and also the vent line from under the filler neck. Could somebody kindly post a few of pics from a 74, showing the type of hose and routing for both the vent and supply hoses? It appears that the repairers may have also filled in the hole where the vent hose grommet goes, so pics of that area are also greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance...

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is what my vent looks like, don't know if it's correct for your 74?

Screen Shot 2017-09-02 at 22.16.49.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-02 at 22.16.41.png

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
the 74 has a blue plastic hose that runs from the neck forward next to the fender then down under the car
across the undercarrige to the driver side frame - along the frame then up the carb on the fiirewall
i can be exact tomorrow

Last edited:

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
My trunk when opened had a gas smell. It was strong due to very loose fittings on the fuel pump hoses. The pump was mounted in the trunk. The previous owner used USA sized hoses which didn't fit tight to any of the metric hoses coming from the fuel tank sender. The shop fixed that by mounting a new pump in the engine compartment. But I could still get a faint smell of gas. The evaporator tank was removed and the plastic hose from the filler neck vent was routed through to the engine compartment. I still could smell gas. I found the hose on the filler neck vent was USA 1/4". I replaced it with the correct 6mm fuel hose and ran the plastic hose to the funnel-shaped nozzle pictured above after drilling a 3/8" hole in the bottom of the trunk. All of that plastic hose was pulled out that was running up to the engine bay. Here are pics of the work. Now the trunk doesn't have the gas smell. I have the triple DCOE carbs so the gas tank vent has to go out of the trunk like the German CSi.

Attachments

• IMG_1810.jpg
    IMG_1810.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1811.jpg
    IMG_1811.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1812.jpg
    IMG_1812.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1813.jpg
    IMG_1813.jpg