FUNNY

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
If you guys read Hemmings, mostly in the Jag section Alfas too, you will find Beverly Hills Car Club very active and get an idea of what he sells. I don't know if he owns the stuff or is just trying to broker other peoples cars, as it is made to look as he has a lot of product. Another fellow with the same type of operation in the NYC area is Gullwing Motor Cars. At least through some in the know Jag guys, I have heard some "not so nice" comments on these two "gentleman"

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If you guys read Hemmings, mostly in the Jag section Alfas too, you will find Beverly Hills Car Club very active and get an idea of what he sells. I don't know if he owns the stuff or is just trying to broker other peoples cars, as it is made to look as he has a lot of product. Another fellow with the same type of operation in the NYC area is Gullwing Motor Cars. At least through some in the know Jag guys, I have heard some "not so nice" comments on these two "gentleman"
And BaT says nothing about the two IV lines that drain the sunroof and the mischief they make.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score

You are going to see complaints anytime you have a flipper getting the jump on cheap cars (or parts). I personally have no qualms with flippers. If you buy from a flipper you are paying for convenience. If you sell to a flipper, you are selling to someone who will wave cash in your face without any craigslist-tire-kicking BS. We have seen it with intentional coupe sales to Alex at BHCC on cars that were offered and subsequently demeaned on this very forum.

I do take exception to flippers who buy low only to price gouge. I like to buy parts and flip them at FMV. I like flippers who actually clean up, or restore cars and parts. I take exception to folks that use enthusiast forums as a source for the flip. It is one thing to scan CL and knock on doors for parts to flip. Getting the jump on enthusiast sales only to resell to the same community at a profit is an opportunistic disservice IMO.

Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Flipping good explanation!

You are going to see complaints anytime you have a flipper getting the jump on cheap cars (or parts). I personally have no qualms with flippers. If you buy from a flipper you are paying from convenience. If you sell to a flipper, you are selling to someone who will wave cash in your face without any craigslist-tire-kicking BS. We have seen it with intentional coupe sales to Alex at BHCC on cars that were offered and subsequently demeaned on this very forum.

I do take exception to flippers who buy low only to price gouge. I like to buy parts and flip them at FMV. I like flippers who actually clean up, or restore cars and parts. I take exception to folks that use enthusiast forums as a source for the flip. It is one thing to scan CL and knock on doors for parts to flip. Getting the jump on enthusiast sales only to resell to the same community at a profit is an opportunistic disservice IMO.

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with making a profit. It's the American way. I think the whole thread started out in humor about the description of a car in an ad