Future paint booth...

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Damn that looks good!

Are you using regular fluorescents up there or LEDs? I converted all my garage tubes to LEDs and they are awesome... albeit a bit expensive at first.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Done with the space, just need to run air line from the garage next door but that's not urgent. The LED lights make the photos take weird... I guess it's the frequency. I used Sunco 4' LED shop lights. They were $23/ea when buying 20.

IMG_20180629_193525961.jpg

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
This looks amazing! I had a realtor over the yesterday and she was impressed with my garage lighting. Today it feels rather inadequate. :(

:D

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Selling your house because you need more garage space...I hope?

Oh Man! I looked at a house down the street a week ago with a big gravel space at the back of the lot that faced the next street over. It was begging for a detached 2 bay garage. Unfortunately it had five pending offers before I had a chance to schedule a showing (that night). Mind you this is a house that needs *everything, including foundation work and an asbestos ceiling abated. Gorgeous view though - but the garage opportunities!!! :(

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Done with the space, just need to run air line from the garage next door but that's not urgent. The LED lights make the photos take weird... I guess it's the frequency. I used Sunco 4' LED shop lights. They were $23/ea when buying 20.

View attachment 48424

Yeah, even though it's invisible to our eyes, LED lights can strobe enough that the photos you take with your phone will show banding because of the time it takes to scan the chip. Sometimes you can adjust the photo for a longer exposure to reduce the banding, but often that means you'll overexpose the shot. Otherwise, use a 'real' camera to avoid it. I picked up a nice little digital at an estate sale for $10 that is great for garage use.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
My Google Pixel phone takes better pictures than my $600 Lumix point and shoot. It must be ultra bright in that paint room. I am very impressed with the few LED shop lights I have added to my garage.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Just noticed the steel-reinforced doors. Looks nice & beefy. Eyeing a curb-cut on corner-lot rental house for a non-tenant garage, but I’ve been wondering how to secure it without paying for Ft Knox.