Gap HVAC

HusseinBM

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I need some help.
Could anyone enlight me on why there is around 1.5 inch gap between heater controller fascia and the heater/ac duct?
I also need some solutions of how to close this gap? Please see the attached photos.

Best Regards,
Hussein

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221120-162448_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221120-162448_Gallery.jpg
    658.8 KB · Views: 65

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The AC/heater manifold needs to move forward and it appears to be a manifold from an e3?
284230E2-4A06-43B0-A584-DC8674349507.jpeg

Attachments

• 118753AB-6EB3-415C-8764-A9400F8DCEF2.jpeg
    118753AB-6EB3-415C-8764-A9400F8DCEF2.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 63

merdad

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Why do I get a feeling that is not an e9 box, by the look of the vent coming from the top side!

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I see you got the bottom bracket!

normally you install the heater box 1st

HusseinBM

Reaction score
I see you got the bottom bracket!

normally you install the heater box 1st
Hi Don,
This was there but I believe it has been fabricated and not the original one. It does the job for the time being. With regards to the heater box, that is the part I installed 1st and then the controller Fascia and the then tried to install the AC unit with the centre piece duct. I found the gap as shown in the picture above.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Install AC evaporator box and duct.
Fascia is last

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It looks to me like the two mounting holes on the dash are not aligned with the fascia, is it pushed all the way rearward?

HusseinBM

Reaction score
It looks to me like the two mounting holes on the dash are not aligned with the fascia, is it pushed all the way rearward?
I believe so... this was a temporary fit just to check the gap. I will double check tomorrow and will update.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
The "intermediate piece" or duct, for the E3 and for the E9 are different. They have the same opening for sitting on top of the evaporator, but the dimension that mates up with the cabin grille, is different. There is a gap. Here is a photo of the 2 together. Hope this helps. Mike
tempImagej9DFfj.png

HusseinBM

Reaction score
The "intermediate piece" or duct, for the E3 and for the E9 are different. They have the same opening for sitting on top of the evaporator, but the dimension that mates up with the cabin grille, is different. There is a gap. Here is a photo of the 2 together. Hope this helps. Mike

Thanks a lot Mike