Gentlemen meet Jabberjaw

chicane

Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind remarks guys. Glad you all liked it.
Thanks Chicane =) Glad I got you approval as well.

This is how a well done resto-mod is done. It takes a few tasteful mods without sacrificing any of the character of the original E9. I like the Alpina wheels and steering wheel, The slight lowering of the car makes the E9 look modern and aggressive. I really like the 3.5 pin decal and the blacked out grilles, and the interior color really sets off the exterior color well.

People harp on my comments asking what I think a 30-40K (plus+) coupe looks like...that's what one looks like^^^.

I would like some uber resolution pics as well for my desktop. I like the following three: dual shot, invisible hood, and the E46 M3 and E9 Coupe shot.

Last edited:

atan888

Reaction score
This is how a well done resto-mod is done. It takes a few tasteful mods without sacrificing any of the character of the original E9. I like the Alpina wheels and steering wheel, The slight lowering of the car makes the E9 look modern and aggressive. I really like the 3.5 pin decal and the blacked out grilles, and the interior color really sets off the exterior color well.

People harp on my comments asking what I think a 30-40K (plus+) coupe looks like...that's what one looks like^^^.

I would like some uber resolution pics as well for my desktop. I like the following three (dual shot, invisible hood, and the E46 M3 and E9 Coupe shot.

Alvin, could you email me high res shots if you have them? Big time inspiration. taverngnome at gmail.com. Thanks buddy,

Ryan

I will get some high res pics and post or email it to you guys.

Alvin

I'm glad I sold the car to you. It looks FANTASTIC!

Carl

Thanks Carl =)

chicane

Reaction score
I will get some high res pics and post or email it to you guys.

Thanks Carl =)

Post them for everyone in a new thread. Just mark it high res so if someone is on a slow connection it won't hang their browser.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Congratulations! That's one gorgeous car! Polaris suits it perfectly.
Now about that nickname.

acat2002

Reaction score
GReat work ATAN!

So many positive comments I could share, but I really like the authentic tone/grain of the interior wood (was that redone or original?). Love the color combination and as much as we all try to keep these coupes original, let's all face the fact that the original interior offers little comfort or support for long drives, or any support for "spirited" driving. So, +1 for the interior mods. You could always reinstall original seats if you felt so inclined.

Hope you enjoy her!

atan888

Reaction score
GReat work ATAN!

So many positive comments I could share, but I really like the authentic tone/grain of the interior wood (was that redone or original?). Love the color combination and as much as we all try to keep these coupes original, let's all face the fact that the original interior offers little comfort or support for long drives, or any support for "spirited" driving. So, +1 for the interior mods. You could always reinstall original seats if you felt so inclined.

Hope you enjoy her!

Thanks glad you liked it. I bought the car with zebra wood from the PO. I had it repaired and restained it with a darker stain from Home depot then was cleared coated in matte from a marine store.

iconoclast6

Reaction score
Hey Alvin,

Fantastic work on your coupe. A new highest standard for coupe restoration.

Together with your awesome Turbo 2002 and your Bimmer featured Dinan E30 M3....
I think you've successfully put to rest some of the early nay sayers that feared you'd be prone to ostentatious fits of ill considered changes.
Clearly, you've elevated the best of our collective hopes for all our coupes.

Hope to see your coupe, and its brethren the Turbo 2002 and the E30 M3 if I make it
back out to Monterey this summer.

Once again...really well done. Like others, I will await post of the hi-res pics for my screen saver.

Best,

Chuck

p.s. Noticed you opted not to include a Roundel on your rear spoiler. Any reason why or why not?