Georgia Peach

John Buchtenkirch

Reaction score
Talk about some really creative Bondo work, take a look at the left front fender’s rain gutter / upper edge :rolleyes:. It may be parked in front of a high end house but that’s one rotted peach for sure :lol: . ~ John Buchtenkirch

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nope, it all looked so neat in the pictures I didn't see any warning signs. There are some angles that look smoother than my E9 so I guess there is some sculpting work. Maybe it was sculpted in metal?

I like the color.

x_atlas0

Reaction score
Huh, that's kind of strange, there's no inner rain channel in the engine bay, where you usually mate the inner wheel well/fender to the outside quarter panel. I suppose they could have shaved it off while doing the repaint and body work, but it does seem a little odd. The rest of the car looks quite nice. I'd certainly give it a good going-over, and some of the rubber looks a bit dry, but other than that, it looks pretty good. It probably helps that the PO was part of the BMWCCA.

John Buchtenkirch

Reaction score
Nope, it all looked so neat in the pictures I didn't see any warning signs. There are some angles that look smoother than my E9 so I guess there is some sculpting work. Maybe it was sculpted in metal?

I like the color.

Arde, if you enlarge the photos and then look at the 2 upper right photos you can see there’s no rain gutter / fender edge from the back of the strut & forward. It was obviously rotted away so they just hacked it off, tacked in some metal or maybe even used fiberglass and kinda made it look like something with some very artistic Bondo work. That means even if you changed the fenders there’s no skirt to attach them to, just a bunch of Bondo. The car IS NOT repaired :roll:, it’s just doctored to try to fool some poor sucker. After 39 years of body & sheet metal work I have the “body man’s eye”, it’s not always a blessing, you only notice all the bad things on a car’s body :(. ~ John Buchtenkirch
A res#3.jpg

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
Check out the close up picture of the right side fender grill. On the upper left of the picture, is that a sag in the paint below the beltline?

And there's also kind of a weird gap between the belt line trim and the fender, right above that same grill.