Getrag 265 shift platform

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hal - out of curiosity, do you think there is a fundamental flaw in the existing platform or just trying to solve an availability issue?

halboyles

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hal - out of curiosity, do you think there is a fundamental flaw in the existing platform or just trying to solve an availability issue?

It is mostly an availability problem. I have seen very few for sale over the last couple of years and they were all over $200 and in pretty rough shape. And usually @sfdon snaps them up before anyone has a chance to get one!!

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
It is mostly an availability problem. I have seen very few for sale over the last couple of years and they were all over $200 and in pretty rough shape. And usually @sfdon snaps them up before anyone has a chance to get one!!
Back in 2017 I bought a new BMW 265 shift platform from La Jolla for $75. Those are long gone now.

halboyles

Site Donor
Reaction score
We will be ready to ship out the Getrag 265 shift platforms very soon. Here's a pic of the unprocessed main part. The entire part will be made of heavy gauge stainless steel and will include the nylon ball cup that holds the shift lever. It looks like cost will be $175 shipped.

NOTE: the other parts are components of our linkage systems.

Attachments

• ST-265 and Firewall Brackets.jpg
    ST-265 and Firewall Brackets.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 109

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thank you for all the responses! I talked to the manufacturer yesterday and they are finishing up the adjustments I sent them at the beginning of the month. We should be able to start production this next month.
Hello, please set aside one for me I have one more E9 that I am working on it I dont thing the 5 speed that I have is getrag 265 but it is a 5 speed I dont know what is the price but I will need one.
thank you
Albert

halboyles

Site Donor
Reaction score
They're here!
And then, they're gone!

We had a limited supply of the Getrag 265 Shift Platforms in stock. I informed the list of folks who had committed to buying one, and the shift platforms sold out in less than two hours.
If you miss snagging one from this batch, please go ahead and Pre-Order so you will be the first to receive one from the next batch which should be available within 10 days.

Please note that we also have the Getrag 265 Transmission Support in limited stock. If you order both on the same order and use the coupon ":freeship", you'll get free shipping in the US but you must order both at the same time to get the discount.

Thank you for your support!

Hal

Last edited:

halboyles

Site Donor
Reaction score
The Getrag 265 Shift Platforms and Support Bracket are back in stock! We will fulfill all pre-orders this week but we will still have ample stock in inventory.
If you are thinking about converting to a Getrag 265 5-speed in the future, you might want to grab one each now as the production date for the next batch is months out.

If you order both on the same order and use the coupon ":freeship", you'll get free shipping in the US but you must order both at the same time to get the discount.

www.2002sonly.com

Getrag 265 Shift Tower | 2002s Only

The Getrag 265 5-speed, overdrive transmission is the most popular drive train upgrade for the Big Six BMWs (1968 to 1988). For it to work on these cars, a shorter shift platform is required. Those shift platforms have become increasingly rare in the wild, sooo, we made our own! This is a...
www.2002sonly.com
www.2002sonly.com

www.2002sonly.com

Getrag 265 Support Bracket | 2002s Only

The Getrag 265 5-speed, overdrive transmission is the most popular drive train upgrade for the Big Six BMWs (1968 to 1988). For it to work on these cars, a modified transmission support bracket is required. Those support brackets have become increasingly rare in the wild, sooo, we made our...
www.2002sonly.com
www.2002sonly.com