Getrag G265/6 5 Speed Overdrive Transmission for Sale

WVe28

Reaction score
Good morning, folks.

Long-time E9 admirer and E28/34/39/90 owner here.

I have for sale a G265 Transmission from an 82 Euro e28 528i (M30B28 l-jet).

Comes with bellhousing and crossmember from the E28 M30-powered car. 300k known kilometers (186k miles).

The bellhousing apparently sustained some damage at one point. Internal scraping and weld repair is pictured. It's solid and I had no clue about it until I removed it.

No known synchro issues or problems. It shifted fine when I last drove the car a few years ago. This is the 5-speed overdrive trans, not the G265/5 "dog leg" trans.

Just for the E9 folks, I'll do $1000 shipped (within continental USA) for the trans without bellhousing, and $1075 shipped with the M30 bellhousing (the increased dimensions and weight increases shipping cost pretty heftily). Considering I've seen these go like hotcakes for $1200+ before shipping recently, I think this is a fair deal.

If you want it but you're in no hurry, I can deliver it to the Vintage for $900 (payment required), or if you're within a few hours of Charleston, WV we can negotiate a meeting point.

Thanks Guys!

Chris
WVe28

JayWltrs

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. This price is in line with what I’ve seen recently. I think you’ll get a buyer here or on eBay and sincerely wish you luck.

But let’s be honest, it is a pretty wild market for what’s really just a core with largely unknown history, at least 186k miles, and a damaged BH.

WVe28

Reaction score
Thanks, I think. ;)

The bellhousing isn’t the important part, in my opinion. The previous owner hit something big at some point. I knew the front subframe had been repaired and the oil pan replaced. Pretty common in a lowered e28. I wasn’t aware of the bellhousing damage because the repair was pretty well blended on the outside. I would assume it was part of the same incident. I put about 20k km on the car myself and the car pulled hard with no synchro issues or noise from the trans. I do understand your sentiments, though. Supply and demand...

Rek

Reaction score
Hi - just trying to get some quotes for me to have it shipped to the UK. Can you measure the size of the gearbox and bell housing please.

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
Man, I want this for my E3...I'll be moving to GA this summer...not sure how I'd make it all work..timing is everything, huh? poop....:-(