"Ghost cars"

tmason

Reaction score
Thanks 2275XXX for the photo's.This explain why it runs like a very loud watch there is no muffler in photo!
PS I too love that Police story it goes with the story---What do you mean theres no money in my account but I still have checks in my checkbook?

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
How about pictures from before, I am sure cameras existed in 1969 and throughout 2012.
Or from the other day when the car was 5 feet from you?

Kind of reminds me of the guy looking at the "Wanted" pictures in the police station and asking the policeman why didn't they catch these people when they took their pictures.

I agree 100%. This guy joins the forum, tells a tale and the car suddenly goes into storage before he can take a photo.

Jannie

Reaction score
Ok eenvoudige donners..... As I've said....in storage....took it out this wknd for a drive again.... So here she is.

....as for the pissy comments.....lets see your cars after owning & driving it for almost 40yrs!....experts. I joined the forum as it looked to be a good place to get info regarding Alpinas etc....turns out only a handful of genuine members got back to me with useful info.... As for the rest....benchbuilders.

Attachments

• 28102011.JPG
    28102011.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 220

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Jannie,

You get back what you put into this group, you can't expect it to be a one way street. Share what you know. If your only interest is Alpina there are probably other groups better suited to your needs. If your interests are coupe related you will not find a better forum on the internet.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ok eenvoudige donners..... As I've said....in storage....took it out this wknd for a drive again.... So here she is.

....as for the pissy comments.....lets see your cars after owning & driving it for almost 40yrs!....experts. I joined the forum as it looked to be a good place to get info regarding Alpinas etc....turns out only a handful of genuine members got back to me with useful info.... As for the rest....benchbuilders.

dude ... i generally don't say disparaging things on this forum as i respect its members greatly. having been a bmw owner since the late 70's, i have rarely seen somebody who asks a question and then gives a heavy dose of attitude. i have found that you get back more than what you put into the group, but ... the pissiest comments in this thread are yours - grow up already. you peak people's interest with a compelling story - that many hear want to know something about because its history that is germane to the car model we all love with its variants. the majority of the car you own is bmw - there are a lot of interesting departures that are alpina ... but as you mentioned in your story, there were only 3 ... so what did you expect to hear?

this is a group of enthusiasts - not experts ... there are a handful of people who are experts at segments of these cars ... a few that are more. then there is Murray who has driven close to a half million miles in the same coupe ... that still looks gorgeous.

if you want something out of this group, ask specific questions ... you will generally get a decent answer or two.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I second rsporsche's post above. When I was a juvenile deliquent they called them ****teasers.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Car looks tired. Right rear tire may need more air.
Front license plate whiteout, I guess that makes it a ghost.

Hope that was useful.

mr bump

Reaction score
A chap in Maidstone uk has a good friend who owns a 2000cs alpina, he looks after it and keeps it on the road when the owner uses it, I'm seeing him Friday, il ask him if he's got any pics.

As for nannies ghost car, looks like a set of wire mgb spoke wheels on a nu Kassel to me, if a dogs born in a stable, it's still a dog!! maybe jannie needs to post up just a little more proof to settle the is it/I sent it question, if he does, then well done, you have a rare and historic car, if he doesn't, he has what every other nu Kasse 2000 owner has, a nightmare to stop it dissolving.:sad:

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A ghost in Maidstone...let's see.
Question is if we have to revere rare. If only 3 are made because they are the pinnacle of the model and the builder pulls all the stops, sure.

On the other hand when I make pancakes my children taste them and nobody likes them, so I stop at 3 pancakes. Maybe call them ghost pancakes and see if I get some demand.

mr bump

Reaction score
A ghost in Maidstone...let's see.
Question is if we have to revere rare. If only 3 are made because they are the pinnacle of the model and the builder pulls all the stops, sure.

On the other hand when I make pancakes my children taste them and nobody likes them, so I stop at 3 pancakes. Maybe call them ghost pancakes and see if I get some demand.

Hahahaha, ghost pancakes:).............I've got a ghost wallet, but no matter how much money I put in it, I always seem to end up with just £3 left in there after family, alpina and cs have wafted past me............;-)