Gloomy Saturday

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
You bring out a great point. Can the women in the male leader's life influence him towards peace?
Or are we at the mercy of Sheryl Sandberg's logic as “No two countries run by women would ever go to war”.

Her approach means that any pair of adjacent countries should have women as rulers, as one is not enough for peace (ask Golda Meir who was attacked by Anwar El Sadat in 1973).

And World Peace, by induction, means that all countries are run by women.
I am not making this shit up:
Err....Margaret Thatcher? Falklands? Was she forced into a war with Argentina? Hmm...... Okay there was a military junta in power seeking to gain popular domestic support in Argentina and not a woman, but Thatcher was a politician first and a woman somewhere else, and if you are facing an election defeat a nice little war is just the thing, regardless of gender.
I don't think it's as simple as female leadership in adjacent countries ensuring peace when everything else is dominated by men.

Surely A Real Argument Honoring Peace And Love Is Naive.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Err....Margaret Thatcher? Falklands? Was she forced into a war with Argentina? Hmm...... Okay there was a military junta in power seeking to gain popular domestic support in Argentina and not a woman, but Thatcher was a politician first and a woman somewhere else, and if you are facing an election defeat a nice little war is just the thing, regardless of gender.
I don't think it's as simple as female leadership in adjacent countries ensuring peace when everything else is dominated by men.

Surely A Real Argument Honoring Peace And Love Is Naive.
Good point, in the Falklands war, the male (Leopoldo Galtieri) non-democratic (Junta President) side attacked the female democratically elected side. And again when the dust settled the attack was repelled and the attacking side lost more than the defending side...
Maybe mother Russia needs a female at the helm to be truly called mother...