Glove box latch

frogish

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a possible replacement for the notch, lock and holder for the glove box?
Tired of driving around like this:
IMG_5912.JPG

Also, why do some E9 have a split dash and some have full length, above the glove box?
I'm missing that piece.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That dash is from a very early 2800CS and the space is for an ashtray. I have seen them in the Orange Parts books but never in person, it must be extremely rare by now. Only up to chassis 2201289.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow that is interesting. It took me a minute to figure out what was going on there and interpretet Chris's post.

I have the front dash piece and a spare glovebox if interested. I need to keep the button though. My spare has a key that matches my lock set but I don't plan to use it.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a possible replacement for the notch, lock and holder for the glove box?
Tired of driving around like this:View attachment 28753
Also, why do some E9 have a split dash and some have full length, above the glove box?
I'm missing that piece.
Hi;
I recently saw a glove box on Ebay.around $250. Check it out

frogish

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses! Yes, the E3 would be the place to start, I really didn't think of that when I posted.. I think there is one quite near.
I have the glove box, just not the button/lock and notch.

Interesting about the dash. Will try to manufacture a small section.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
if i am not mistaken, there was an ash tray there - the glove box was the same. you could probably use the standard CS grab rail and cover it up. remember there are 2 different ones that are continuous. one from the 2800cs which did not have the hazard mount and the 3.0cs on which did.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I would recommend the keyless version. Not sure about others, but I wouldn't use a glove box lock even if I had one. Anything valuable enough to lock up goes in the trunk.

frogish

Reaction score
That dash is from a very early 2800CS and the space is for an ashtray. I have seen them in the Orange Parts books but never in person, it must be extremely rare by now. Only up to chassis 2201289.
Really cool the knowledge on this forum. The chassis number on mine is 220117.
Will definitely try to source the ashtray.