Glove box latch

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would recommend the keyless version. Not sure about others, but I wouldn't use a glove box lock even if I had one. Anything valuable enough to lock up goes in the trunk.

I have the keyed one also. Although I don't plan on using it, I'm keeping it because it matches my lock set. The keyless button looks much more elegant IMO.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
if i had a lock, i wouldn't use it. years ago, my 2nd 2002 was broken into to steal the radio. the fools took a crowbar to the dash to open the glovebox that didn't have a lock. so i ended up with a broken vent window, and a seriously cracked dash and console.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i keep nothing of value in my car and never lock the doors, glove box or trunk, not that it's ever out if my sight long anyway. Learned my lesson long ago from slit convertible tops and other broken pieces as Scott mentioned. I'd rather have it rummaged and left instead of crowbar'd and glass smashed. Back in the day I once had someone break into my car and eat a bag of crawfish and left the shells on the passenger floor - only in NOLA!

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I rarely lock my doors for the reasons mentioned. I do lock the trunk. Maybe I have a false sense of security, but looking at the construction of the trunk lock I don't think your average moron with a crowbar could get in there.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Agree, but I'd hate to see if he tried :(

I rarely lock my doors for the reasons mentioned. I do lock the trunk. Maybe I have a false sense of security, but looking at the construction of the trunk lock I don't think your average moron with a crowbar could get in there.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
I find I am increasingly inclined to only park where I can have a clear view of my Coupe at all times. Sorta limits destinations and such, but my wife understands. Sometimes there is underground parking that I trust, but I have added parking anxiety to the list of Coupe-related disorders. :D

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I find I am increasingly inclined to only park where I can have a clear view of my Coupe at all times. Sorta limits destinations and such, but my wife understands. Sometimes there is underground parking that I trust, but I have added parking anxiety to the list of Coupe-related disorders. :D

I find these "disorders" to be perfectly natural.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I like to report back on international shipping charges (since folks seem to cringe at the idea). It was $13.50 to ship from Seattle to Sweden.

frogish

Reaction score
The glovebox is finally in! Glued together my glovebox and fabricated a holder for the button. Thanks Markos!
I have mounted the glovebox intended for cars without the ashtray, but I also have the one I believe is original for my car, pics below.
197288-2c5e2a75665c409fe5d949ed91b276d8.jpg

197288-fdb3cb5b2287ee311479de0946159963.jpg

197288-77015cdd29c9c5c27f524703adcb8f68.jpg

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi,
I think I have the push button and I checked with Getbmwparts.com and the catch ( holder ) part no. 51161810984 is in Stock for $9.80.
Thanks
Koopman